This list is my personal opinion:

1. Hudson's site
Obviously. After Hudson's big store went to the grave in '98 this site has been derelict with a measly underground parking garage in its place. Luckily Gilbert owns it, and redevelopment seems on the horizon.

2. Monroe Block
Situated on Campus Martius, this parking lot has been an eyesore. Perhaps the most premiere development spot on the list, this could be easily filled with a small office building, apartments, or maybe even a transit hub for an expanded light rail system.

3. Old Statler Hotel
While East Grand Circus has Comerica, Opera House, and Broadway, the west side has barely anything. The anchor of Washington and on the hub of Grand Circus, I can see this being filed by residental properties. Maybe even a satellite park to Grand Circus.

4. Cadillac Square/Randolph: North and South
These parking lots sit on one of Detroit's hubs for revival. Probably too small for buisness tastes, but at least build a parking garage with first level retail.

5. I-375
This freeway is one of the most useless highways I've ever seen. It'd be great to see the Hastings street sign to be restored to what was one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in Detroit. Connecting Greektown with Lafayette would be great for the area. It would also help connections to Eastern Market [[cough M3 Rail cough)

6. Capitol Park
The buildings on this hidden gem are mostly abandoned. Reviving them would be great for the community. Griswold has a lot of potential.

7. The giant sea of parking lots by Bookies
Making Detroit look like Houston... Illitch Parking. This sea of gravel could be used for so, so many things. While the Eastern lots are used for Tigers games, when's the last time you saw someone park at 3rd and Fisher? This area can just be stacked up into one garage and the rest can be used for a large scale redevelopment project.

8. Gratiot and St Antoine- old jail project
Epic Fail. Put something good here. Level it off, put some sod down and call it Ficano Memorial Park.

9. Madison and Witherell
It is used as a premiere Tigers parking lot, but I could see it be turned into great retail space for merchandise and restaurants. Perhaps a Z-style mix of parking and retail.

10. Cass, Bagley, and Grand River
I could easily see this be turned into a quaint little "Times Square Park" instead of Detroit's smallest, most useless parking lot. Really would revive the dumpy 'Times Square' area.

Well, that's my list. If you disagree, tell me. This is just for downtown only.
#MyFirstPost