Because of Indiana's right to discriminate bill, many events such as the NCAA and Gen Con are pulling out of Indianapolis. Also many businesses such as salesforce and Angie's List won't do business in Indiana.

These places need a place to go. I think they should come to Detroit.

you're a great city but your reputation has plagued you for years. Your Mayor should put out a press release saying he'd welcome everyone from Indianapolis to Detroit. Angie's List HQ was supposed to bring 1000 jobs to Indy they could be brought to Detroit I can tell you Eli Lily, a huge employer for Indianapolis, would really like to leave. Before the bill Indianapolis was known as a great place for tourism and business. This is your chance to show the world that you're just as good for that.

I'm sure the more Cynical of you will say "nobody will come here", "We're not good enough to host these things" "It's a waste of time". Maybe it's true it's a waste of time but I believe in this city and I believe that if you guys asked for it they will come.

Share on Facebook, Twitter and everywhere else. Ask your politicians to bring the indiana businesses and events to Detroit. I'm sure most of you will dismiss it but think about it what it could do for the city.

Just something to consider.