Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
Maybe you want to deal with IT'S JEFF memorial, clearly damaged by lawn crews, we went to talk civily with the enscounced state park folk at the white house on the island, to discuss plans to repair, replace and cost accountability.

Wow, the bitch at the desk had troopers surrounding us. Never raised our voices etc. My husband spent many years as a diplomate for foreign governments. He uses a walker, myself a cane, real scary folk, I guess. Fuck, we are even white. Real bad taste from that experience!

Have the file, new contacts, but feel free to take the info over. Watch the amazing disrepect. Most likely you don't even know who Jeff was. We will donate towards the loving repair of a memorial for a beloved person.

Haven't seen any amazing improvement. But like one poster said, Sumas, tell us what you really think
I've been involved with state parks over the years. I was on the board of Friends of Pontiac Lake State Recreation Area for a few years. Back then, the park system had an uneasy relationship with memorial trees and benches. Exactly for the reasons that you mention above.

They farmed the purchasing [[from donations) and maintenance of the benches off onto the Friends group. The ranger we worked with said he was more interested in the big picture. We, in the Friends group, could spend the time on some of the details.