Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    You may wonder what happened to the kids, but would you go over and ask the adults where they are? If you did, what do you think they would tell you? They are with grandparents, they are with their mom or dad, OR, it's none of your business. Whatever they would tell you, you'd have to accept it OR call DHS and ask them to investigate.

I have a family across the street from me with 3 kids. I didn't see the kids all winter long, and usually they are outside quite a bit of the time. I wondered if they were staying with Grandma, but I wasn't alarmed or thinking that they may be in a freezer, dead. My mind doesn't run along those lines. They were there, just trying to stay warm and playing their video games.
    This person [[I have a very hard time even thinking of her as a human being) had one kid after another in order to get more welfare, I'm sure. She didn't care about them, didn't give them any kind of loving attention; the fathers were out of the picture, and the kids were doomed from the moment they were born. The two children that are left are going to have lots of problems trying to cope with the outside world after seeing what they saw and living with what they were forced to live with. Scared out of their minds by a sick animal of a mother who was only looking out for herself. I don't believe a word from her about them sexually abusing the other child...that's just a phony reason she thought to tell the police.
    I'm about the least nosy neighbor you'll ever live near. That being said, if my neighbors kids disappeared I would sure as hell ask where they were and how they were, then I would expect an answer that made sense.

Why didn't the surviving siblings tell someone???? I dont understand this at all. Not sure i even want to understand it.

Rev Sheffield is sick too. What a manipulative little rodent. This was a sad emotionally charged situation, he managed to weasel his way into and he twisted it. Not entirely sure to what end. Politics? He tried for Conyers seat less than a year ago. Probably still wants it. So?? exploit a tragedy, appeal to black nationalism, and throw in a dash of racial consternation for good measure while people are vulnerable. He isnt that clever tho. I think he thinks hes slick but nah. I think he was distasteful in this and im confident others would too.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Why didn't the surviving siblings tell someone???? I dont understand this at all. Not sure i even want to understand it.

Rev Sheffield is sick too. What a manipulative little rodent. This was a sad emotionally charged situation, he managed to weasel his way into and he twisted it. Not entirely sure to what end. Politics? He tried for Conyers seat less than a year ago. Probably still wants it. So?? exploit a tragedy, appeal to black nationalism, and throw in a dash of racial consternation for good measure while people are vulnerable. He isnt that clever tho. I think he thinks hes slick but nah. I think he was distasteful in this and im confident others would too.
    Above post explains the frustration very well.

A mother abusing and murdering her children is abhorrent, sick and a tragedy.

As for Reverend Sheffield, to use a vigil for these children as an event to criticize the leadership in the mayor's office is beyond tasteless. He probably blames Dave Bing for when he [[Sheffield) beat up his own wife and was arrested for that.

Sheffield is a Kilpatrick acolyte, even gave money to help Kilpatrick pay his court-ordered restitution. That should tell you all you need to know about him. Apart of course from his littany of past issues which includes multiple assault allegations, a defamaiton lawsuit, and owing tens of thousands of dollars to the city of Detroit. Like many Detroit "Reverends", he's a con-man in a suit and it's obvious that he desperately wants to hold political office so he has a greater ability to line his pockets by fleecing the taxpayer in addition to fleecing his naive, misguided congregants.

It's absolutely stunning that no one had an inkling. A virtual illiterate, home schooling? Neighbors knew nothing, fathers un engaged. Social Services clueless.

Teddy bears, flowers and vigils don't bring abused children back. Sheffield and his ilk just exploit tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    It's absolutely stunning that no one had an inkling. A virtual illiterate, home schooling? Neighbors knew nothing, fathers un engaged. Social Services clueless.

Teddy bears, flowers and vigils don't bring abused children back. Sheffield and his ilk just exploit tragedy.
    I haven't read anything about the mother's education level. Where did you see that?

Horrible scenario. I hope for the best for the surviving children. I hope they end up getting the resources they will need until they become adults. A lot of people “don’t care” unless it directly involves their own children. A lot of people have been socialized to “mind your own” and don’t inquire, and aren’t predisposed to call for an investigation. Especially in a micro-community where “the system” [[cops, state social workers, teachers/school admins, courts), writ large, is often viewed as the enemy. Locally, people will point to such sagas as the Maryanne Godboldo case as an example of the system run amok. The “don’t snitch” rationale plays itself out, over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    I haven't read anything about the mother's education level. Where did you see that?
    The aunt who now has custody of the children, Angela Gordon, said this:

When asked whether Blair was homeschooling her children, as neighbors said she claimed, Gordon scoffed. "Yeah, right. With a 10th-grade education?"

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...dies/70420854/

link also brings up a gofundme.
    Comments in the gofundme question the validity of the request. I wont pass judgement but Gofundme should no longer be a thing. Too much potential for abuse. There are people setting these pages up to take advantage of family tragedies to get some cash. Just happened in Southfield as well as another event from the last year or so that i dont want to bring up but im sure we all remember..
    its disgraceful. Brings out the ugly in people

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post

When asked whether Blair was homeschooling her children, as neighbors said she claimed, Gordon scoffed. "Yeah, right. With a 10th-grade education?"

Jeez, the article says Angela Gordon, the aunt and caretaker of the surviving chidren is a retired Detroit Police child abuse investigator!!!!!!!!

What an awful crime.

Read much?

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Read much?
    That was uncalled for and rather rude as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    That was uncalled for and rather rude as well.
    that what i thought. not nice.

Thank you,

Must be quite a woman that her relatives and the children's father gave her a wide berth... for years at a time.
    Last edited by Shai_Hulud; March-30-15 at 10:09 PM.

So you can say you're going to home school your kids, you pull them out of school and no authority ever checks on those kids? That's amazing.

Sounds like dysfunction on several levels. What grand-parents don't demand to see their grand-children? Holidays, birthdays, birthday phone calls even when people are in different parts of the country etc.

Thank you,

Must be quite a woman that her relatives and the children's father gave her a wide berth... for years at a time.

I recall a story that my aunt recounted from the fifties, the next door neighbor in SCS would stick her baby out in a play pen in full sun for hours at a time. My aunt thought it horrible neglect but at the time she said everyone minded their own business. As years went by and times changed she said she should have done something.

For several years my house swarmed with area kids. It was sometimes too much. I fed them, helped with homework, cooking classes, praised them for accomplishments, piano lessons, took them to museums, did their Mom's wash when their appliances gave out or they didn't have utilities. Area residents did the same. My neighbors the best.

Area matrons with connections helped to relocate these abused Moms and children. I miss those kids now. I realised these kids needed just a calm environment. I am proud of my neighbors for being aware and assisting people in difficulties.

The defense attorney says she loves her kids...what a crock of $hit.

Yes, a defense attorney must defend all. See film Devil's Advocate
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-02-15 at 01:51 PM.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...ed-with-murder

here's the video. her tattoo says "property of" with the children names listed. she has zero emotion!

This indiscriminate breeding by heterosexuals is an abomination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2