Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Clubs like the DAC are useless anyways. They're anachronisms of the Mad Men days. I would join for the parking, if I were a regular attendee of Tigers games. Otherwise, no point to joining a club based on WASP exclusion and outdated ways of living. Like the suburban country clubs, these institutions won't exist in two-three generations or so.
    You and I must know two different Geoff Fiegers. But I am not going to engage in character assassination against him. He does a perfectly fine job of destroying his own reputation.

As far as clubs like the DAC being useless, you do not know what you're talking about. Many fine social activities take place there. Many lifelong friendships have been forged there. Relationships have begun there that turned into marriage. Many business deals are hammered out there.

Further, your statement that the club is based on WASP exclusion would be laughable if not for its blatant ignorance. If that is what that fine institution is based upon then how, pray tell, did a Jewish man [[me) married to a lovely black woman [[my wife) with bi-racial children [[our kids) get welcomed with open arms into the club more than twenty years ago?

You are fond of pontificating on subjects of which you know very little to nothing at all. This is yet another shining example of this.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; March-01-15 at 09:24 AM.