Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
I was on the 405 heading to San Diego six years ago when I experience LA traffic during rush hour. Never again.

I am in agremeet with you. I suppose my long answer was not long enough. Your explanation was what I was attempt to channel but I didn't have the right words at the time. I'm not trying to paint all men and women of GOD with the same dirty brush. I just would not want someone from the church attempting to instill their agenda in council chambers. The attempt to reign in the strip bars is a church driven action. Imagine if they one or two of their own were in council. We may see agendas that are church-based instead of population-based.
I guess I see it from a different angle. I'm not so concerned with the men and women of God tainting the council. I'm concerned with the council tainting them. The Christian bible, which I assume Spivey subscribes to, does not support the same person pulling double duty as a priest/minister and king/politician. Serve on community-oriented committees. Speak "truth" to those in power. Lead community coalitions. Etc. But be a politican? I just can't wrap my mind around that. Maybe I'm just close-minded