Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Firstandten, the number of candidates running for city council doesn't bother me because it's everybody's right to run for political office if they want to. I took the time to look at the 100 plus video or audio interviews conducted by the candidates. Some candidates made it easy for me to eliminate because they didn't do a video or audio interview. Others were eliminated based on education and experience. The rest were eliminated after listening to them talk for about twenty seconds. It took a little time to go through these interviews but it wasn't impossible. Voting council candidates by districts would definitely eliminate having to review so many people. However, the idea of only being able to vote for the person in your district and two or three at-large candidates is a little unsettling as well. I'm still on the fence regarding council candidates from districts. The thought that I could not not vote for Martha Reaves and she got back in the council because the people in her district voted for her, would give me nightmares.
    Royce, you'll right ! but how many people will go thru the trouble to work thru the candidates like you did. I worked the polls and I just sensed a lot of confusion from the voters. One thing however and its only a feeling but it seemed like the voters paid more attention to the News and Freep endorsements this year than in the past. I do think anybody should be able to run but maybe they should have to jump thru a few more hoops to get on the ballot.

It just seemed that groups that had slates or mass endorsements the people paid more attention to this election cycle. Its really too bad because most of those groups you either need to have a big name or pay money to those organizations to get those endorsements.

YAY!

Charles Pugh did it. He will become the next Detroit City Councilman.

After that he will become Mayor of Detroit in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown diva View Post
    i think it is a little odd than no white people are even close.
    Detroiters don't want basic white people representing them!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    YAY!

Charles Pugh did it. He will become the next Detroit City Councilman.

After that he will become Mayor of Detroit in 2017.
    Watch it Danny, you might catch The Gay!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Watch it Danny, you might catch The Gay!
    Be nice. It is the "ghey."
    Got to be politically correct even on the boards.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Don't get so down. If the Rev. David Murray can get elected to the DPS school board, there's certainly hope for an unappealing tax-cheat with a good back story.
    Reverend is his first name, not his title.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Reverend is his first name, not his title.
    And isn't that a kick in the ass. To change ones name to get elected just sucks.

like Joel Loving did?

Or anyone else who does it.

Johnlodge,

I'm supporting Pugh not for his secular lifestyle, but for new leadership as Detroit City Councilman.

48302 Guest

Johnlodge,

I'm supporting Pugh not for his secular lifestyle, but for new leadership as Detroit City Councilman.
    i concur,

i concur

Johnlodge,

Nothing new to see here....just another 'name' without the ability to keep his own house in order. Can't wait to see what happens with the budget.
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...candidate-Pugh
    Detroit -- City Council candidate Charles Pugh's condo association is suing him for more than $1,400 in unpaid monthly condo fees.
    The Woodward Place at Brush Park II Association filed a lawsuit Thursday against Pugh and his mortgage lender, Countrywide Home Loans, to recover $1,463 in unpaid dues accumulated since Dec. 16, 2008.
    Pugh acknowledged today owing the debt but said he doesn't have the money to pay. He left his job at Fox 2 and his radio show at WJLB in March to run for City Council.
    "When I start to make money, I will pay," Pugh said. "It's very difficult not working. I keep the lights on and make the mortgage payments. I pay the priorities
    I'm sure those you owe money to are glad to know that. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2