Quote Originally Posted by Jayp213 View Post
i know it may be a little ridiculous, i admit, but who knows?...maybe it might spark enough attention for news coverage and rich investors looking to have a name in something could contribute and benefit everyone? you never know until you try, right? i just want the most for this city and it just upsets me that they are building another bridge to canada thats a 2.1 billion dollar deal and yet we still have this void in transportation in a rapidly growing city core.... am I the only one upset about this or am i just ignorant to the reasoning for this? either way, we need to beat congressmen/women over the head about expanding the rail around the city and not ONLY UP AND DOWN WOODWARD.... it has no other choice but to spark expansion because once the red wings district gets finalized and things pop up from that and gilbert does what he is going to do, people are going to say: "umm hello this m1 thing only goes up and down woodward? wtf?"
Apples and oranges comparasion. The Canadians are financing the new bridge and the Canadians are not going to finance public transportation in metro Detroit ever. It's like manned space flight or the next aircraft carrier no matter how much the proponents of public transport would like that money diverted here for buses and trains in this region it's not going to happen period. In order to solve this problem we need a real solution not irrelevant B.S. rhetoric.