Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Plenty of scientific evidence that long-term ambient light exposure during dark night hours creates a significant breat-cancer risk.
    you can't escape the glare!
    At my home we use blinds and drapes to block light from coming into the home. They've been very effective.

I understand how the flyer would be frustrating, it reminds me of something else...

Name:  mission-accomplished.jpg
Views: 24811
Size:  43.4 KB

I understand that some neighborhoods are going to get done before others. They have to start somewhere, and when you have to do 140 square miles, sometimes it won't always make sense.
    Last edited by Scottathew; January-29-15 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    At my home we use blinds and drapes to block light from coming into the home. They've been very effective.

I understand how the flyer would be frustrating, it reminds me of something else...

I understand that some neighborhoods are going to get done before others. They have to start somewhere, and when you have to do 140 square miles, sometimes it won't always make sense.
    Sorry could not open the attachment. No worries anyone who knows me totally understand electronics go frizzy around me. Total truth!

48214 was supposed to be completed January, 2015. They claim it is, but isn't. Our local state rep said she didn't approve of the authority because they had no accountability. She got that right. Our lights were removed if I recall correctly, July 18th, 2014

Initially told 5 to 7 weeks, then 10 weeks, then December, then January.

Curious as to which hotel [[and in what state) do they plan to party at for a job not done.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Sorry could not open the attachment. No worries anyone who knows me totally understand electronics go frizzy around me. Total truth!
    The attachment was\is the "Mission Accomplished" banner from GWB's speech saying that we're all-set in Iraq. I'll see if I can fix it.

To 313WX, I loved the phrase, "polishing turds" may I steal that.

Most likely this is my last post regarding this subject. I have made my calls, sent my emails.

Did go on the city website and no email was listed, so I called. Got some bimbo named Kitty who suggested I e mail because she couldn't possibly write my message regarding lighting.

The web site for the city does not list emails for the mayors office. She gave it to me. Tediously spelling over and over without my input or request how to spell MAYOR. That's what she thinks of residents, no comment on my opinion of her, kind of obvious.

No doubt calls are flowing in. I am one voice in many.

I do love my home, my neighbors and neighborhood. I am just one voice among many that insist communities get support.

I can tell you all that the Plan was developed with a lighting engineer consultant from the University of Michigan:

From Council Minutes:
    "Submitting reso. autho. Contract No. 86092 - 100% City Funding – To Provide
    a Strategic Consultant – Sridhar Lakshmanan
    –Contract Period: July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012 – $125.00 per hour -
    $1,000.00 per diem - Contract Amount Not to Exceed: $100,000.00 PUBLIC
    LIGHTING [[REFERRED TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY STANDING COMMITTEE 07-25-11)

So, if you want to comment on the Plan itself you might email him. maybe he would appreciate comments from the end-users:
    Sridhar Lakshmanan, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor

[[313) 593-5516
    224 Engineering Laboratory Building [[ELB)
    University of Michigan - Dearborn
    Dearborn, Michigan 48128