Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Put WDET 101.9 radio back together again

Still trying to hang in and support my public radio station, but its getting hard. There's been a huge void since Craig Fahle left. Doesn't have the same pop it used to. And they keep ambushing me for more bucks with these spontaneous pledge drives almost when they feel like it. Hate that!!!

I like the pairing of Laura Webber Davis and Stephen Henderson but nowhere near the energy that Fahle brought to the mic in the mornings. They need to make Sandra Svoboda a full-time anchor. She's got great reporting chops and did an amazing job reporting on the bankruptcy. They also need a big star to pick up where Fahle left off. Either they lure one in or create one from their current group of reporters. Give Pat Batchellor his own show or dip over to the music side and give Ann Delisi a talk show. I love their interview styles and they have star power!

They need to expand the music programming and make it during the weekdays after say 5pm. DET still gets it right with their music shows led by my personal fave Ann Delisi's Essential Music and I absolutely love Chris Campbell's Progressive Underground show, extremely fresh and interesting. I've discovered more music from those two shows and their music takes me places. Jon Mosier's Modern Music still rocks! I love the Alpha broadcasts, but they replay the same ones over and over. Need fresh content!! The rest of the music shows play good music but the djs are forgettable save for Ed Love who just sounds tired.

I wish they would produce more local programming. So many amazing stories coming out of the "D," but all I get fed is a steady stream of national npr shows that all sound the same?? Not gonna cut it. And did I say that I hate the surprise pledge drives begging me for more money??

They've lost a step but nothing that can't be fixed. How do you piece 'DET back together Detroit Yes?
    Last edited by DetroitRocks; January-26-15 at 03:54 PM.