So in Garden City, superintendent Michelle Cline made some pretty stupid remarks pertaining to race [[go check out either daily rag to see it), then when confronted about it came up with the following bon mot: "This was a comment about race, not a racial comment."

OK, Michelle, dig me here for a second. I expect somebody in a high-visibility and high-paid educational job to know what a dictionary is, be able to afford one, and to check one out before making ignorant statements. Alanis Morrisette had an excuse; she was quite young and just starting out when she wrote Ironic. You have no such excuse.

Since you have no dictionary available, apparently, and I have a couple of them right in front of me, let me help out:

racial: [[adj.) of, relating to, or characteristic of race or races.

That was from my friends at the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. So, you see, my dear woman, it is not possible to make a comment "about race" which is not "racial".

In case you, reader, were wondering why Garden City Schools are not doing so well, perhaps this gives you a glimmer of understanding.