Detroit is seeing some momentum in development throughout the city, mostly in Downtown and Midtown. I wanted to make an official page for new and/or rehab skyscrapers, either planned/concept or soon-to-be constructed. I'm excited about Detroit's future and looking forward to seeing some minor changes in the skyline, hopefully dynamic and out the box designs.

I believe we need a diverse approach in the style of architecture planned here in Detroit, it'll make the environment less boring. We have a huge list of developments planned between 2015-18. Detroit will not look the same in the year 2020, no telling what other new developments comes along by that time. Only time can tell. Density should be key, I'm hoping for more infill midsize development also and a few new skyscrapers once our other vacant skyscrapers get rehabbed.

I've seen or heard of a few new 15-30 story skyscrapers planned in Downtown Detroit, including in the new "District" Red Wings Arena development. I'm looking forward to seeing the planned two towers and retail on the Hudson Site. Here's other plans for the D', if I miss some post it.

1. Monroe site - [[currently a surface parking in Campus Martius) [[No plans yet) [[Possible 25-50 story skyscraper is ideal)

2. Statler site - [[planned for residential, small 10 story building) [[deserves to be 15-30 story for such important site)

3. Future Adam Theater site - [[residential/office) nothing planned yet. [[possible 15-30 story building)

4. Former Bates Garage site - [[planned residential and retail) [[20-30 story skyscraper)

5. Former Ford Auditorium site - [[hotel planned, possible residential) [[30+ story skyscraper)

6. Soon-to-be former Joe Louis Arena site - [[planned 30+ story skyscraper hotel)

7. Capitol Park former strip club site - [[new construction, residential tower) [[10-15 story building)

8. Little Caesar Pizza new headquarters - [[10 story building next to Fox Theater)

9. The "District" - [[Newly constructed residential and hotel) [[10-15 story buildings in Midtown) [[Multiple location)

10. Henry Ford Hospital "South Health Park" - [[The south campus project includes ambulatory care, research and education; the north side we are planning a new ER, bed tower and potential expansion of our cancer center project.”

If I've missed any, list them. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for Detroit, hopefully spreads into the neighborhoods and beyond. Also post pictures or examples of what type of development or styles of architecture will best fit here. Renderings are welcome!