Quote Originally Posted by .crash. View Post
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering hypothetically if there was a ferry of some sort to take just you [[no cars, motorcycles, etc.) from downtown Detroit to Cedar Point in about an hour would you use it? How much would you pay to use it? And how many other people do you think would use it? [[Approx. # of riders per vessel?)

Personally, last year I went about 6 times in my car, driving at high speed [[from Troy) and it cost me about $30-40 in gas [[roundtrip each time), plus tolls, plus parking, plus a possible ticket if I got pulled over, and it took about 2-2.5 hours each way! Granted some people drive slower, have more [[or less) fuel efficient cars, or have multiple friends willing to split the costs with them. Plus gas is cheaper now, so I'm torn...

What would you pay to have an extra 3 hours to ride on rides [[or to sleep in late that morning)? You wouldn't have your car to keep stuff in, so you might have to spend more money on food or a locker or something. And if you don't live in Detroit, you might still have to pay to park your car there instead of in Ohio. I've heard that maybe there are people in Detroit who don't have cars for some reason, so maybe this is the only way they'll ever get to CP? At ~1 hour each way + loading/unloading time, I imagine 1 early bird trip for season ticket holders and a second trip for normal people. Same thing with leaving, I assume there'll be young kids and moms wanting to go home at 9 pm and dads and teens wanting to stay until they get kicked out.

How about weekdays? They're the slowest days of the park - shorter lines. What if there was a 5:30 or 6pm boat? What would you pay to spend a half day at the park? Assume you're a season ticket holder and can ride for free once you get there?

Anyway, thanks for anyone who answers and sorry if this isn't in the correct section. I'll likely be building a small craft to test the waters so to speak, and later [[if this idea takes off) using a bigger craft as the main transport and the first boat as a backup/overflow. Thanks again for all of your suggestions!
What about a roller-coaster from Detroit to Sandusky.......