Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
if my mom had just put a gun in the face of a woman and kid...stole the car, evaded and resisted arrest to the point she needed to be tackled and physically restrained whilst still armed.... I'm not sure her getting a slap from a frustrated cop is top of the list of things I'd be upset about.
But see a frustrated cop isn't allowed to slap anyone. You could get pulled over for having too many traffic tickets, but it's his 20th time seeing you and he arrests you for not paying tickets. He could be furious because you said something about his sick wife being a whore, but he is not allowed to to do anything other than put the cuffs on you and take you to jail. He can respond verbally, sure, but not physically.

It should upset you because police officers have the power to arrest you for violating the law. It is outside of their power to be a judge and pick and choose who gets a slap on the face just because of however he's feeling that day or in the moment. That is a sort of abuse of power that they could use on any citizen they want. And quite frankly, if they're being paid with your tax money, I would think people would want strict standards on police conduct.