Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    These global cities you mention also have 1 or 2 other major airports that are either much closer to the center of the city or in a location that's far more convenient for folks to access.
    I think you are mis-judging 'convenient to access'.

Let's use Atlanta as an example. If you go from ATL to downtown Atlanta, you'd consider it close and convenient. But if you live in a northern suburb like Marietta, you don't.

I'm guessing that 313WX is really 586WX or maybe 248WX. 734WX would find DTW quite convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I think you are mis-judging 'convenient to access'.

Let's use Atlanta as an example. If you go from ATL to downtown Atlanta, you'd consider it close and convenient. But if you live in a northern suburb like Marietta, you don't.

I'm guessing that 313WX is really 586WX or maybe 248WX. 734WX would find DTW quite convenient.
    NE Detroit to be exact, but I don't understand why that's relevant.

And the fact is majority of the metro area's population lives in NE 313, 586 or 248 and dread making a trip to metro airport. It's an expensive road trip in itself [[heaven forbid someone needs to make an emergency flight at the last second). 248, 586 and NE 313 is also where most of the region's major employers are located.

When deciding between a place where the ride from the airport is 5-15 minutes, or when it's on average 30-45 minutes, guess which city people are going to choose?
    Last edited by 313WX; March-30-15 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    NE Detroit to be exact, but I don't understand why that's relevant.

And the fact is majority of the metro area's population lives in NE 313, 586 or 248 and dread making a trip to metro airport. It's an expensive road trip in itself [[heaven forbid someone needs to make an emergency flight at the last second). 248, 586 and NE 313 is also where most of the region's major employers are located.

When deciding between a place where the ride from the airport is 5-15 minutes, or when it's on average 30-45 minutes, guess which city people are going to choose?
    The average time between most metro destinations is 30-45 minutes. I don't see how this has anything to do with DET. I would personally like to see scheduled service at DET. I flew commercially from DET when it was possible.

Detroit's airport commute time is certainly no worse than average. There are outliers like San Diego and Denver. Most are like Phoenix or DFW. Convenient, but a 30-45 minute trip for many.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4