Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

oh, there was a POW camp at the State Fairgrounds during the war.

From what I understand it housed Italian POWs. My great uncle was the Assistant Commander of the POW camp at Fort Sill in Oaklhoma. That's where they held the real hard core types in very strict security. When he came home on leave he went to visit the fairgrounds POW camp on a Sunday, he was shocked to see the POWs wondering in and out of the gate past a bored guard who did nothing to stop them. The guard explained that on Sundays most of the POWs would go to dinner at the houses of local folk and come back when they were done. The guard explained that the only time they were going to have trouble with them was when they were told that they had to go back to Italy!

YAY!

What a way to save out weaken prison system. Send the Al-Qaeda/Taliban prisoners to Michigan. Way to go Team America.

I think that we should drop them into the ocean with chum rubbed all over their bodies...but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    A concentration camp in our back yard? No.
    haha not too long ago, people were screaming to turn these people loose in the general population, so why any concern now?

Papa: They should be released. Just like in Dirty Harry, if your police work is crooked, they should be let go. They should probably be able to sue the government too.

My 2 cents.

Give them a trial.
    Then, put those who are convicted in Michigan, or anywhere else.
    Actually, the Upper Peninsula might be a better choice than Standish, for many reasons: More remote. Less populated. A not so regulated, but well armed militia...

Quote Originally Posted by irish_mafia View Post
    I think that we should drop them into the ocean with chum rubbed all over their bodies...but that's just me.
    Ah.... the Argentinian approach to dealing with troublemakers....

More news on how the government's "release" of prisoners is actually an opportunity to keep them confined.

You Can Check Out Any Time You Like, But You Can Never Leave

Gitmo as Hotel California

By ANDY WORTHINGTON
    Imagine if you were imprisoned for seven years without charge or trial, and then a judge ruled that the government’s case against you consisted solely of unreliable allegations made by other prisoners who were tortured, coerced, bribed or suffering from mental health issues, and a “mosaic” of intelligence, purporting to rise to the level of evidence, which actually relied, to an intolerable degree, on second- or third-hand hearsay, guilt by association and unsupportable suppositions, and stated that the government “should take all necessary diplomatic steps to facilitate“ your release.
    Now imagine that, instead of being freed, you continued to be held because the government refused to send you home, stating that it would not release you unless you first passed through a rehabilitation center in your home country, or, preferably, in a third country.
    You would, I think, be pretty depressed about your situation, and would conclude that the United States’ much-vaunted justice system was a farce. And yet, this is exactly the problem that currently faces Alla Ali Bin Ali Ahmed, a Yemeni prisoner in Guantánamo, whose habeas corpus petition was granted in May by Judge Gladys Kessler.
    On Sunday, the Associated Press reported that, although “The government’s deadline for appealing Ahmed’s release has run out,” he continues to be held because the of the government’s refusal to send him home without first putting him through a rehabilitation center, preferably in Saudi Arabia, which, unlike its impoverished neighbor, has established rehabilitation centers that have processed thousands of former and would-be jihadists in the last few years, including dozens of Saudi prisoners repatriated from Guantánamo [[some of whom, it should be noted, were not in Afghanistan to fight for the Taliban, but had visited as missionaries or charity workers).
    In the AP’s report, the U.S. government’s refusal to free Ali Ahmed outright was dressed up as part of a wider policy on the government’s part to put an unspecified number of the remaining 100 or so Yemeni prisoners, “who officials say probably will be freed,” through a rehabilitation center “before they are released to make sure they pose no threat to Americans.”
    However, in the case of Ali Ahmed, and two other Yemeni prisoners -- Yasim Basardah, whose habeas petition was granted in March, and Ayman Batarfi, a doctor whose release was approved by the government’s own Detention Policy Task Force at the same time -- this makes no sense, as either the courts or the government itself have already concluded that they “pose no threat to Americans.”

Read the rest of the article at http://www.counterpunch.com/worthington08042009.html

Imagine, if you were a terrorist piece of crap and were killed...dead...some people say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.....

Attachment 2605

gotta admire a singular focus, It worked for General Peron.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Whether the facility will be a concentration camp in the sense you are implying is yet to be seen. If a concentration camp = a place where prisoners of war are held, then it is just a definition of a prison by its inmates. No treatment or conditions are present in that definition. If the implication is that all concentration camps = Andersonville or Auschwitz, then it is time to change that implied definition by writing terms and conditions that are civil and humane.
    This is a logical and productive point of view.

Any local [[MI) updates on this possibility?

the human debris occupying gitmo were attempting the murder of American soldiers. They did this as terrorists, not representative citizens of a country that we were at war with.

They deserve nothing but our disgust

Those that choose to portray them as some nicer version of humanity because it fits their world view of America as evil oppressor should move their worthless asses to Saudie Arabia.

Just my take...

Give 'em a damned trial. Release those found not guilty of crimes. Bury the remaining sons of bitches in secure prisons. If it's a Michigan prison, take the federal cash.
    It might be argued that the UP is more suitable than Standish, but if the people of Standish want it, more power to them. They need jobs.

ccbatson Guest

Release them where?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Release them where?
    A good question that should have been asked by the previous administration when they started this mess.
    My answer:
    Back where they lived or were kidnapped from.
    A third party country that might welcome them.
    Here, since they were found guilty of no crime at trial.

ccbatson Guest

Phew, at least you [[unlike many libs) aren't suggesting that they be released in the US as citizens.

the human debris occupying gitmo were attempting the murder of American soldiers. They did this as terrorists, not representative citizens of a country that we were at war with.

They deserve nothing but our disgust.
    Irish_mafia, maybe we should have your acquaintance Ellen Bowen, that leadfoot "Hitleresque" Grosse Pointe South High School choirmaster up to Standish and have her start a Glee Club among detainees.

It would be what they deserve... taunts, insults and pure purgatory!

Sorry, but she does fit the part...
    Last edited by Gistok; September-08-09 at 04:29 PM.

Lorax Guest

Phew, at least you [[unlike many libs) aren't suggesting that they be released in the US as citizens.
    Show me one "lib" as you put it who has even once suggested releasing even those found innocent on American soil?

Keep drinking the KoolAid, you've had a couple of gallons so far.

Bullshit.

What radical right winger told you that, Levin, Rushie, Sean, Beck, or some other mentally unstable individual?

My bet is you just throw those silly statements out to get a rise out of logical, rational thinking people.

ccbatson Guest

Ahem...some lib by the name of Eric Holder.

Ahem...some lib by the name of Eric Holder.
    Don't confuse them with facts cc

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Assuming that neo-colonial unilateral acts are out of fashion, and that the nation of Cuba is equal to all nations, one must logically conclude that US soil is no more sacred than Cuban soil.
    Now you are catching on to the popular notion that the United States is evil and nothing we do is good. Welcome to modern liberalism.

Release them where?
    Where did we find them? It would seem logical to release them there.

If those countries don't want 'em, so what? We didn't bother asking their permission to take them, so by extension we needn't bother asking their permission to drop them back where we found them.

Since you obviously have already ascertained their guilt, I'm sure you wouldn't have any problem producing the evidence which would convict them. Of course, there is that little technicality of their having to be charged with something first...maybe you could speed that up?
    Those that choose to portray them as some nicer version of humanity because it fits their world view of America as evil oppressor should move their worthless asses to Saudie Arabia.
    So far, I haven't seen anyone here holding them up as paragons of virtue. But if they've done something against our interests, they deserve to be charged and tried just like any other human being. The fact that we can't produce any charges against most of them even after years in custody indicates that we don't have a case.

Charge 'em or let 'em go.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast