Is anyone else, who has been watching the once pathetic Pistons with a lazy eye like me [5-23 start], also getting jolted awake by this suddenly transformed team?

Just now they have completed a mild blow-out of powerhouse Dallas [first Piston win there since 2006]. That followed last night's 17 point comeback win against NBA champs San Antonio -- in San Antonio with a shot at the buzzer.

The Pistons have a 7 game winning streak and are playing exciting and fun-to-watch basketball.

Reason? It seems to have all started when they dumped Josh Smith and injured Jodie Meeks returned. Smith was a very good but lethargic player whose star status demanded he play, but he also seemed to put molasses in their offense. It also put Greg Monroe on the bench. Now that he's gone it seems like the team is twice a fast and is exploding end to end. How fun.

I don't know if this is for real yet or if they are just in some sort of twilight zone but they have my attention. Behind it all they have their first genuine superstar emerging with 21 year old Andre Drummond. The weak sister of Detroit sports is showing hope.