Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1395

Wow I'm sure this will get built, based on the Ilitch's stellar track record of delivering on announcements with nice looking renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Wow I'm sure this will get built, based on the Ilitch's stellar track record of delivering on announcements with nice looking renderings.
    Shame on you for not believing in the Ilitch clan. They've spent millions in renderings over the years. You know how many Hot n Ready's that is?

Would be nice to see, but I won’t hold my breath. The article also mentioned the United artists building renovation had already started. Was there ever a decision made regarding whether the theater portion could be torn down or not?

Quote Originally Posted by JK313 View Post
    Would be nice to see, but I won’t hold my breath. The article also mentioned the United artists building renovation had already started. Was there ever a decision made regarding whether the theater portion could be torn down or not?
    I believe that at the end of the day, the decision was upheld to demolish the theatre portion. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Has anyone seen any work or action at that site at all recently?

Besides calling "Skipper's Rule"... I wonder what the 7th building on that block is, that won't be restored??

Yes also awaiting the status of the United Artists Theatre.

Knowing the usual Ilitch modus operandi... I wonder if this historic preservation announcement is the "good news", for when they announce the demo of the United Artists Theatre "bad news"...
    Last edited by Gistok; November-24-20 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Besides calling "Skipper's Rule"... I wonder what the 7th building on that block is, that won't be restored??
    It's probably 447 Henry St., which is kind of blocked in the rendering and a commercial building.

I’ve heard Lucy really is going to hold the football for Charlie Brown this time.

Snark aside, it certainly would be great if this came to be. Maybe if they get enough subsidies lined up it will. But that’s what it will take. They do like their subsidies.

It's probably 447 Henry St., which is kind of blocked in the rendering and a commercial building.
    the Freep article shows a picture of that building saying it is one that will be restored. Could be a mistake though.

OK... in the article it mentions 6 buildings as being renovated as rental units PLUS the 7th commercial space being renovated as a sort of community center. So all the buildings on the block will be saved... if this does indeed happen.
    Last edited by Gistok; November-24-20 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I believe that at the end of the day, the decision was upheld to demolish the theatre portion. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Has anyone seen any work or action at that site at all recently?
    There hasn’t been any activity.

Rehab of these buildings is going in front of the HDC on the 9th. We'll probably get some more info after that.

https://detroitmi.gov/sites/detroitm...genda.docx.pdf

Overhead view of the rehab project

Name:  Screenshot [[3).jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  65.3 KB

I won't lie, any redevelopment of any Illitch owned properties would be nice, so I'd love to see this happen & continue to build up population density in that area. Guess we will find out more next week.

Still too much damn parking.

They can't do anything right, please stop playing amateur developer and sell your damn properties ya morons.

I don’t see the problem. Half a dozen historic buildings are potentially being saved/renovated. The people living there are going to have to park somewhere, and a couple small existing surface lots aren’t the end of the world if it means more residents in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by JK313 View Post
    I don’t see the problem. Half a dozen historic buildings are potentially being saved/renovated. The people living there are going to have to park somewhere, and a couple small existing surface lots aren’t the end of the world if it means more residents in the area.
    A big plus is the parking entrances are off the alley instead of the street, meaning less curb cuts, better sidewalks, and more street parking available.

What is the parking requirement in that part of downtown again? I know there's been some exemptions recently, but they might be required to have a certain number of spaces per unit.

What is the parking requirement in that part of downtown again? I know there's been some exemptions recently, but they might be required to have a certain number of spaces per unit.
    Let’s not forget the massive parking lot across the street and the lots that are clouded out directly adjacent to the development. I am happy if these buildings get renovated, of course! But the fact that this area that is ripe for redevelopment is surrounded by parking lots and in the hands of the Ilitch family just upsets me. They own SO much property and stand in the way of any real change in that part of Midtown and Downtown. This family should have been held accountable by the city LONG AGO.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Still too much damn parking.

They can't do anything right, please stop playing amateur developer and sell your damn properties ya morons.
    I thought the same thing but if you look, the lots already exist. 2 were paved previously during the Illitch parking lot beautification project last year and the other 2 are already there for the tenants, but not paved yet. Yes, it'd be nice to see them built on, but at least were not seeing any additional parking being developed for this project.

AGAIN, ASSUMING THIS EVEN HAPPENS.....

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...ts/4029903001/

There seems to be an update on the possible apartment renovations by Olympia in the Free Press but it’s behind a paywall. Can a subscriber let us know what it says?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post

There seems to be an update on the possible apartment renovations by Olympia in the Free Press but it’s behind a paywall. Can a subscriber let us know what it says?
    Based on the title it says, "We're going to require a lot of tax credits".

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post

Not really many updates. Mostly background and interviews with a couple of current residents of the Berwin apartments. And, of course, a few obligatory Francis Grunow comments. Work could be underway by end of 2021 according to Keith Bradford, Olympia Development VP, pending city approvals and low income housing tax credits. Sounds like Eddystone renovation will finish this fall, followed by the start of this project shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
    Not really many updates. Mostly background and interviews with a couple of current residents of the Berwin apartments. And, of course, a few obligatory Francis Grunow comments. Work could be underway by end of 2021 according to Keith Bradford, Olympia Development VP, pending city approvals and low income housing tax credits. Sounds like Eddystone renovation will finish this fall, followed by the start of this project shortly after.
    it will be nice to FINALLY see the Eddystone back.

Too bad that the new online sports betting legislation won’t include the ability to place bets on whether a given Olympia redevelopment project actually comes to fruition.

I wonder what chance the oddsmakers would give this project?

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Too bad that the new online sports betting legislation won’t include the ability to place bets on whether a given Olympia redevelopment project actually comes to fruition.

I wonder what chance the oddsmakers would give this project?
    Well let's have some fun with it.

This project - 20:1
    UA Theatre - 50:1
    LCA Woodward Hotel - 500:1
    Comerica Park/Woodward infill residential - 1000:1
    Comerica Park conceptual towers - 5000:1
    Fine Arts Façade - 10,000:1
    I-75 overpass commercial development - 25,000:1
    Completion of entire District Detroit buildout per 2014 render - 50,000:1
    Developing more than 50% of currently owned surface parking into commercial/residential infill - 1,000,000,000:1

I'm sure I have forgotten some, but what do you think lol

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast