Thanks, but you are, I think, misinterpreting my posting:

You are missing my point. It isn't about the past but the existential 'here and now', namely, what are the expected proceedings of the historic preservation effort for that building.

What will the outcome of this effort be:

I'm predicting that it is a song and dance where the outcome is all but certain. I'll give my reasons why: All of the heavy hitters, e.g., Ilitches, Council [[more or less), Duggan, etc. are in the same corner.

I can speak about Tiger Stadium. A relic [[and that isn't a compliment), wrong location, etc. No one would build a stadium at Trumbull and Michigan today. [[that said, many of the seats were great, but not those upper deck bleachers in CF, what 440 feet from home plate).

I don't know what to do with a retired athletic stadium, e.g., Tiger stadium, the dome in Pontiac, Cobo Arena, "The Joe", etc. Re-purposing an athletic stadium or arena isn't easy.

I'm actually pretty agnostic on the Park Hotel.

If the two buildings can and should be saved, fine. I have no problem with that.

If it seriously interferes with the 'grand plan' for the arena and it has go, so be it.

The big thing is that the 'master plan' not be compromised too much. I hate development where a land owner won't sell and forces the builder to do a crazy workaround because he had to, at the detriment of the project.