Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    """ Winging-- It """ as a Hobbyist farmer raising animals is not something people should be doing.
    Self-Regulation does not work, period.
    People don't vaccinate children, pets OR animals unless it is forced upon them for the greater good of the larger population. Cost, regulation, etc !
    --When it goes bad, it impacts nearby humans and spreads quickly causing problems for many people, with taxpayers picking up the tab, again.
    -- People will be tempted to butcher and sell meat for a profit, all under the table, black market style.
    -- It doesn't matter what animal or poultry is considered, leave it alone, stop "playing". Contamination has serious consequences for all.

The state is justified in its position.
    The state is justified in its position of using force against its citizens. Check! I hear you loud and clear. Sounds like freedom should be a forgotten word from the way I read your words.

Ya know, I'd really prefer some freedom. In my mind, the initiation of force is always wrong. Think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    The state is justified in its position of using force against its citizens. Check! I hear you loud and clear. Sounds like freedom should be a forgotten word from the way I read your words.

Ya know, I'd really prefer some freedom. In my mind, the initiation of force is always wrong. Think about it!
    Yes indeed, refresh my memory.... isn't there something that says our country is, of the people, by the people, for the people? Duh I guess I am too stupid to place the quote. NOT!!!

Willi Guest

Ebola, those pesky little bugs - via the Feds.
    Avian influenza were many died worldwide.

You are free until you KILL others with the idiot idea of putting farm animals, manure, and meat spoilage in close proximity to 600,000 residents within the city -- and 5 Million people in the suburbs.

Stop - abide by the law.

Want free meat, eat cats and dogs, they abound.
    Roof rabbit aka cat -- looks like rabbit, yep!

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-06-16-41-07~2.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  22.3 KB

Many are fooled daily....know the meat

Of course if you want ZERO regulation....
    than deal with being ripped off , via price
    Last edited by Willi; January-06-15 at 04:49 PM.

I'm glad to have learned that we might catch Ebola from a goat in Detroit. I feel safer now that I know what to avoid.

Not to mention that we are safe from "cross contamination" because those dreaded farm animals live in total isolation, I guess hundreds or thousands of miles from the nearest human. With filtered air and water supplies. I've seen pictures of them; thank goodness I've never been close to one.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; January-06-15 at 04:59 PM.

Willi Guest

They do go through inspection processes and get vaccinations, abide by regulations, etc - by law, or the farm closes.

Bugs are nasty, and kill humans.
    Hence laws exist, hygiene, sanitation, regulation.

Dump that dead goat carcass on a busy intersection because someone got tired of playing "farmer" . Bloated Goat anyone ? Good times
    Yeah, a bar already has that name,..........

How will dead farm animals be disposed of in city limits, shallow graves, or thrown over the property line, etc, etc.

How about some Dead Bum steaks passed off as backstraps from a goat in someone's freezer
    Most people can not identify meat.
    A Black market of meat deceipt would thrive in D

Be honest, if it is not in cellophane, labeled,
    -- do you know, can you confirm meat, ??
    Last edited by Willi; January-06-15 at 05:21 PM.

They do go through inspection processes and get vaccinations, abide by regulations, etc - by law, or the farm closes.

Bugs are nasty, and kill humans.
    Hence laws exist, hygiene, sanitation, regulation.

Dump that dead goat carcass on a busy intersection because someone got tired of playing "farmer" . Bloated Goat anyone ? Good times
    Yeah, a bar already has that name,..........

How will dead farm animals be disposed of in city limits, shallow graves, or thrown over the property line, etc, etc.

How about some Dead Bum steaks passed off as backstraps from a goat in someone's freezer
    Most people can not identify meat.
    A Black market of meat deceipt would thrive in D

Be honest, if it is not in cellophane, labeled,
    -- do you know, can you confirm meat, ??
    might be good to get rid of all the asbestos from burnt homes, acid and fuel leaking from abandoned cars, and heavy metals from the ground before worrying about some urban farming ruining the environment...

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    might be good to get rid of all the asbestos from burnt homes, acid and fuel leaking from abandoned cars, and heavy metals from the ground before worrying about some urban farming ruining the environment...
    Well I agree there. Looking back we had neighbors that raised bunnies to eat, my niece had a neighbor that raised geese, My husband had neighbors that raised chickens. One of our dogs is 24 yrs old, almost blind, craps in the sitting room and pees on my husbands Wurlitzer piano, Haven't contracted any diseases. The forumer you just quoted certainly has posted the grossest comments/pic I have ever seen.

I have helped set up many east area community gardens, some with help from the pointes. Strangely the soil is relatively polutant free despite some heavy industry that existed along the river.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Well I agree there. Looking back we had neighbors that raised bunnies to eat, my niece had a neighbor that raised geese, My husband had neighbors that raised chickens. One of our dogs is 24 yrs old, almost blind, craps in the sitting room and pees on my husbands Wurlitzer piano, Haven't contracted any diseases. The forumer you just quoted certainly has posted the grossest comments/pic I have ever seen.

I have helped set up many east area community gardens, some with help from the pointes. Strangely the soil is relatively polutant free despite some heavy industry that existed along the river.
    I've bought produce grown in the city at Eastern Market and even at the GPP market once. Not bad at all... I wish they would come back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    I've bought produce grown in the city at Eastern Market and even at the GPP market once. Not bad at all... I wish they would come back next year.
    Oh they will be back. There is a collective that if you volunteer time one gets table space as produce comes in. I highly recommend 8 mile honey but lots of bee keepers now.

re: Eastern Market a church group from Bham have a stall in the market. I didn't much like their basil tomato bread but everything else is good. Profits benefit Gleaners. Sister Pie has a booth and is opening a retail shop on the edge of West Village. On the Rise bakery has a stall too. Every thing is great. A brand new retail locaton on Gratiot that sells tremendous sandwiches and they also do a stellar business on Wednesday at the Solanus Casey Center at the Capuchin Monastery/St. Bonaventure on Mt. Elliott south of Kercheval healing ceremony. Lots of entreprenurship in the city. I could go on of course.
    Last edited by sumas; January-06-15 at 10:13 PM.

Sold fresh herbs for years at west park market [[GPP) but health issues preclude that now. Alter and Mack has a grown in Detroit market on Saturdays, Field street market is wednesday from 3 to 7 in season. Located at Mack and Field next to the genesis luthern chirches community garden Live music from 5-7 free. Produce there is mostly grown by kids in sponsored gardens. I could go on of course.

Willi Guest

People "could" EASILY sell a large dog carcass as goat meat and people would not be able to tell the difference.

Still want unregulated farming ?

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-07-17-39-17~2.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  22.9 KB

I could go on of course......since most people really truly do not have a god damn clue on how easily they are fooled, bamboozled, and hoodwinked in an UN- regulated animal farm market.

Democracy and freedom equals Profits $$$$$

Cash is king, undocumented, untraceable.
    Last edited by Willi; January-07-15 at 05:47 PM.

People "could" EASILY sell a large dog carcass as goat meat and people would not be able to tell the difference.

Still want unregulated farming ?

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-07-17-39-17~2.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  22.9 KB

I could go on of course......since most people really truly do not have a god damn clue on how easily they are fooled, bamboozled, and hoodwinked in an UN- regulated animal farm market.

Democracy and freedom equals Profits $$$$$

Is anyone actually talking about "unregulated farming", other than you?

Honestly, Willi ,you are truely grossing me out. Tired of fake personas on the board.

You thrive on disgusting threads and have now been formally blocked.

Community gardens are a valued piece of uniting Detroiters and neighborhoods, city wide.

Does it solve unemployment, fix mass transit, provide jobs, mostly not, but it is a key component in neighbor to neighbor relations and community pride. It's highly unlikely that these few "farm" animals will be "sold"on the open market. Personal consumption is a private choice.

Why not take your pitch to hunters. God only knows what contamintion wild game has. Haven't seen those hunters dieing of ebola either.

Willi Guest

I just mentioned disease, and how when it exists, the government is always involved.

People want to raise meat, without oversight. I, and many others, think this is a horrible idea. People are "tempted" to make a profit selling meat.

This opens a Pandora's box of issues.
    Fooling people with a carcass is easy, especially when it is not bought with a paw,hoof,foot, and some fur showing.

I speak the truth, and some can't take it.
    Block me, so be it.

I have no desire for the D to slip into a 3rd, 4th, 5th world jungle survival hell hole of root vegetables and mystery meats. Let us keep it a bit classy with zero urban farming of any sort.

Do you know raw meat....frozen meat...????
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-07-20-05-19~2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  26.5 KB

.....probably not and that's why it is regulated
    Last edited by Willi; January-07-15 at 08:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3