Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Several forumers have bought the Fairview book and I still get Pms about my research and book in progress regarding Grayhaven. If you go to the early posts on the Garwood thread you'll see some of my research posted. The final chapter of Horse Power, Men and Machines,[[Fairview history) the final chapter is a nice transition chronicling the area after Fairview, I wrote a nice abbreviated history regarding Grayhaven. My research is maybe 3 weeks short of completion regarding Grayhaven which is basically the city suing Gray, Gray suing the city adnaseum. It actually was the the city that destroyed the development of the Island not the depression. Trust me the city was very clever and very evil trying to take down Gray. They did too!

Some things never change huh!

I have a publisher that thank God will not require me writing more grants. 10 years late but I expect to have a complete manuscript by Easter. I have one more book in mind that I find facinating historically to Detroit regarding Robert Oakman, Wildflower Bob, the bully man for the DUR.

Sorry Stonefront, 10 yrs late but on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Several forumers have bought the Fairview book and I still get Pms about my research and book in progress regarding Grayhaven. If you go to the early posts on the Garwood thread you'll see some of my research posted. The final chapter of Horse Power, Men and Machines,[[Fairview history) the final chapter is a nice transition chronicling the area after Fairview, I wrote a nice abbreviated history regarding Grayhaven. My research is maybe 3 weeks short of completion regarding Grayhaven which is basically the city suing Gray, Gray suing the city adnaseum. It actually was the the city that destroyed the development of the Island not the depression. Trust me the city was very clever and very evil trying to take down Gray. They did too!

Sadly, I don't think Sumas ever finished her work and I've yet to find anyone here that knows enough about her to know if her unfinished work is somewhere- would love to make contact with someone who might know. I'm on my way back to Michigan Tuesday as I now live in Oregon. My grandfather worked for Edward Gray from their Oil City days until five years after his Ford years and would love to know more about the story she was researching.

Quote Originally Posted by xdet View Post
    Sadly, I don't think Sumas ever finished her work and I've yet to find anyone here that knows enough about her to know if her unfinished work is somewhere- would love to make contact with someone who might know. I'm on my way back to Michigan Tuesday as I now live in Oregon. My grandfather worked for Edward Gray from their Oil City days until five years after his Ford years and would love to know more about the story she was researching.
    No worries, sumas did complete research on the book mentioned above. Her husband ronaldj contributed to the compilation and research of.this fine book on the history of Fairview Village and Detroit. Sumas was kind enough to send me a copy a couple of months before her passing. Do seek it out, there is plenty there to give more than a glance at the makings of a great city.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    My research is maybe 3 weeks short of completion regarding Grayhaven which is basically the city suing Gray, Gray suing the city adnaseum. It actually was the the city that destroyed the development of the Island not the depression. Trust me the city was very clever and very evil trying to take down Gray. They did too!

canuck, it's the Grayhaven work I'm wondering about, which I think was separate from Fairview Village.