Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Ugh..... when I looked at 42nd Street in NYC... I look at signage at its' worst....

https://www.google.com/search?q=42nd...h=923#imgdii=_

At one time you used to be able to stand at the corner of Woodward and Adams and while making a 360 degree turn around... you would be able to see all the theatre district marquees and blade signs lit up at night... the Adams, the Downtown RKO, the United Artists, the Michigan, the Tele-News, the Madison, the Broadway Capitol, the Wilson, the Fox and the Palms-State. It was a beautiful sight because they were all lit up with stud and neon lighting.

Unfortunately today signage isn't all that glamorous.. in fact some signs literally startle you... especially the large LED signs that go from a dark image to a sudden bright one [[we've all seen this).

I have serious mixed feelings about this... and for folks living in a downtown high rise... it might get downright annoying at night.

In the past America's cities had a lot of blade signage, and it was a way to make downtowns appear vibrant. And some places still allow mainly blade signs, but I worry about how Detroit would be able to control what goes up and what doesn't...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Gistok; December-28-14 at 02:55 PM.