Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    So did Moroun-- or a proxy-- donate to Duggan's campaign at all? At this point, post-EM, can Duggan be reliable to deal firmly with the DIBC's operations and all the blight, including the MCS? The city should be demanding a master plan from owners of the larger-scale blighted properties. Just letting them sit until "the right deal comes along" isn't good enough anymore. I don't care. These land speculators are horrible. 99% of them don't live here but Detroiters are told they should just hush up and be glad that "some taxes" are being paid on it, meanwhile such grossly ostentatious blight is scarcely allowed to linger in the affluent communities. The hypocrisy is naked.
    I think it would be safe to say he most likely contributed to all the campaigns,which would be the norm,it may provide him with some favoritism but not to the extent that it would become scandal fodder.

I agree with the other posters in which the city in which the way it was run in the past,but it is clearly changing.

If one really thinks about it,every aspect concerning the city needs to be addressed and that is a really tall order.

There is a master plan but it needs to be implemented in a way that is equal across the board to everybody so the billionaires get lumped in with everybody else otherwise it would cause undue hardship on those who can not afford it all at once.

Scrapping laws failed in legislate so the city council decided to go with the state laws which were more stricter,not ideal but it takes a step at a time.

Nobody is saying hush up because at least the taxes are being paid,it is because there is so much work to do one needs to pick battles,if someone is at the very minimum paying the taxes it is better to use scarce resources to go after the ones who are not.Then once the revenue stream picks up you can afford to take your battles to the next level.

Speculators are everywhere and some are more responsible then others,but once again the city has been open to the free for all for everybody for so long it is going to take time to balence out.

There is a good mayor in place,a city council that seems to be taking a proactive stance and is now accountable and hundreds of others taking charge so there should be no reason that the city should not move forward positive.

On a side note GM just demolished a 139 year old property for a parking lot and nobody said anything.
    Last edited by Richard; December-23-14 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    yes. i used to visit the david whitney building and broderick tower too when their owners were negligent and i am thrilled that they have been redeveloped. i prefer that we have no abandoned structures in the city.

its funny you should bring up that shoot. one, i did it for free for the experience. two, im often asked if it is possibly to replicate that shoot by couples looking for something similar... i have to tell them no because moroun hired a rent-a-cop to patrol the perimeter. you see how easy it is to deter me, and others, from entering the place? i suppose i somehow prevented him from doing that after purchasing the building?

for the record i dont think matty is a nice guy for purchasing an architectural gem and important piece of our history and letting it rot, even if it allowed me to take a women in there in 2009 and photograph her in a wedding dress. i would have much preferred a responsible billionaire owner and never having done the shoot.
    I was just a bit amused that you posted that it was infuriating that he did not provide security but in the piece you stated that you no longer do photo shoots because of increased security and you also repeated the same thing once again.

You may have not been compensated at the time but it did play a role in your advancement,so much so that it was mentioned in a national newspaper.

So you could say in essence he actually played a remote role in your professional advancement by supplying MCS as the backdrop free of charge.Who would have been sued had your client tripped and broke her leg?Responsibility is a two way street.

So if there is such a call for photo shoots there why have you not presented a plan to him? Seems like it could be a money making adventure for the both of you.He is a businessman just like you.

If it was an important part of the city's history it would have never been allowed to be in the shape it is in and has been for a long time.
    Last edited by Richard; December-23-14 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    On a side note GM just demolished a 139 year old property for a parking lot and nobody said anything.
    Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If it was an important part of the city's history it would have never been allowed to be in the shape it is in and has been for a long time.
    i wrote out a long response, but decided to jump off the merry-go-round now instead. it's the holidays and im irritable enough as it is.

^^^^ this above though is the perfect example of how most of what you have said here regarding the train station and moroun is just devoid of logic or rationale.

have a happy holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    i wrote out a long response, but decided to jump off the merry-go-round now instead. it's the holidays and im irritable enough as it is.

^^^^ this above though is the perfect example of how most of what you have said here regarding the train station and moroun is just devoid of logic or rationale.

have a happy holiday.
    Life is to short for the iratabilitly,you will figure that out as we all do once we become older.

Thank you for the holiday wishes and I hope you and yours have a safe and joyous holiday in return.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3