Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
If casscorridor's earlier post regarding having to fix/replace the HVAC system on the top floor, due to vibration, etc. is correct, it seems they would want that done before installing the remaining windows. No excuses for lots of the other work but I can't believe they wouldn't want they're own hq completed asap.
I'm not an Illitch loyalist by any means, but it's laughable to think that the Illitch organization is dragging their own feet on a construction project for their own headquarters.

I would accept the argument that the Illitches are dragging their feet to get any construction project *started*.

But once you start a construction project, every day wasted just makes the project more expensive. Not to mention that a halfway constructed building exposed to the elements adds an extra dimension of risk. A building under construction is like someone getting opened up for surgery. The number of negative outcomes and the amount of uncertainty gets huge while you're in the middle of a procedure. You stay open as long as you need to do get the job done, but then you close up and put in stitches as soon as you can.

I'm not arguing that you should have faith in the Illitch's goodwill. You can probably have have faith in the Illitch's desire to act in their own self-interest.