Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
It's a function of the capitalist market. Are you criticizing him in particular or the system in general?

I feel like we can have multiple conversations here, so let's just keep it to what this means for the downtown real estate market. I feel that it is far-fetched that the building gets built as proposed, but still see it as a positive that there is a property owner/investor marketing a piece of property in downtown Detroit for a productive use.
I just don't understand why he's proposing a building at all if he is not the one who intends to build it. I would assume that any would-be developer would generally already have a vision for what they would want to build when buying the property. Otherwise, Uralli is kind of doing that part for them and it gives the impression that a would-be buyer would be financing/taking part in a project that Uralli intends to build.

He seems like he's a feign developer or investor but in reality he's just a speculator. The problem I have is when it comes to the lack of development on his part because sometimes it's good to speculate. However, excessive speculating for the sake of making a profit can cause distortions and that's how you end up with real estate bubbles.