Please Note: The Goal is not for personal money, fame, or status. I believe that this is a really stellar idea.

Detroit is in the most unique position in United States-- It is in the process of reinventing itself. I think I have the perfect unifying direction for the city-- one that will truly put us back on the world map - one with all sorts of win-win possibilities. Detroit can be the first major city in the world to be based upon the next generation of transportation systems. I think that Detroit is at a critical crossroads in planning its future direction and right now is the perfect time to make this idea a reality.

My idea: Rebuild Detroit's infrastructure centering around electricity based transportation and truly make it work for the people, thus ensuring the adoption of this new way of moving around. Detroit can be the electric motor city that leads the way.

So, why Detroit?

-Detroit is in the process of reshaping itself and would benefit from bold vision as it capitalizes on this opportunity.

-Detroit’s natural place in the world, as the motor city, is to be the leader in transportation.

-Detroit presents the right level of challenge— Detroit is broke and Detroit has a cold climate. If it can work in Detroit it can work anywhere.

It has been a long time coming, but we all know that the future of the automobile industry is in the hands of electric cars-- lets embrace that. If we don't think progressively than the city can never reclaim its international prowess.

The perfect time is here and now, there is no better place to reinvent transportation than where cars were first produced on a massive scale.

Detroit’s purpose now is to be the first major city in the world where electric transportation truly works. This kind of opportunity for a city has never come around before, so we have the chance to blaze a bold new path for the future. So Detroit really needs to embrace the technology of the future.

I want to know if this is a crazy idea, and I want to know if you think it can work and what will it take. Will anyone get behind me on this idea?

If anyone is from Detroit, I would love to hear what you think personally about my idea.

We all need to step up to climate change and turn it into an opportunity for Detroit at this point in its history. I want my generation to make it clear to our local and national government and business leaders that the time to act is now. I hope what I am saying here resonates; this will be the first spark of many, so let's light the fire. Spread the word!

As a 16 year old and Junior in high school I Thank you for the help. Let's rebuild the city together.

This Post is also on:
http://redd.it/2o03ux
http://www.topix.com/forum/detroit/T...572M2#lastPost