Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

It's a short-sighted cannibalistic mentality fueling this kind of behavior and mentality. No room for compassion. You left home too long? Your house invaded, robbed and or squatted. Get set out in the street? You chump! We coming to shop FREE thru your stuff. Then someone comes and steals the thieves stuff from them!! W-T-FRIDGE!! NO SHAME IN THEIR GAME! You can't go on a vacation anymore?

What can change this sorta of thinking? But I refuse to live in such a reprobate area[[s). Just will not do it. I feel for the woman's who house was destroyed. Sad, and I can see why she's thrown up her hands and stepped-off on the whole thing. So now we have another abandoned house and more squalor in the D.

I recall this whole squatting thing as promoted by an activist, often on the news, was not suppose to hurt anyone -- but occupy homes taken by banks. Hmmn, some are not having such a noble approach. Just more thieving and criminal behaviors - justified.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Which in an of itself is fucked up but what was even worse was the responses the offenders had when questioned about it. The pretty much blamed it on the homeowner for leaving their home unoccupied. Does anyone else remember this story? It was a year or so ago. This stands in the way of progress in neighborhood Detroit. Neighbors are supposed to look out for one another.

In my own experience. The home across the street was bailed while they were at work. I lived around 94 and Whittier by the girls school. Everything was put on the curb. Nice people too. The guy helped my fix my garage door when he saw me struggling with it. Well. As soon as the bailers left it was like a block party. Everyone was out there rummaging thru their stuff. taking anything and everything.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-30-14 at 10:33 AM.