Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    If you can't make the connection between a man who JUST robbed a store and the likelihood of him assaulting an officer trying to arrest him for said offense, then I'm wasting my keystrokes.

These people are tearing up Ferguson for a thug piece of trash.
    Except the cop himself never even claimed to be attempting to arrest him for the "robbery." But if making shit up helps you sleep at night, by all means keep at it.

Anyone taking sides in this should consider that nobody is the good guy. Strong armed robbery of a convince store and little to no effert to make yourself scarce? Cop who rolls up and and starts running his mouth without even exiting the car? Seriously now your going to tell us about how you followed your training? Dumb and a lazy power trip connect with tragic results. Bad situation, if the cop was to stupid/scared to flick on the lights and stand the fuck up and exit the vehicle he should have left and waited for his back up. Just bad police work, when bad police work come across the dumb or enraged bad things happen.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; November-26-14 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I notice all the people who blindly support the police on this thread are the resident Republicans. No surprise. Taking the side of the white cop who can do no wrong. To them black lives don't matter. No surprise.
    And I think the opposite seems to be just as true. The resident Democrats defend a common thief, no matter what, and immediately presume that the cop is racist.

I don't support police blindly. But I'm not afraid to defend fair application of the law over mob rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    I must have missed the memo when Black America became a monolithic political group.
    I think it happened at the same time that "white people" and "the police" each became monolithic groups with hive minds...and whose members can be stereotyped and generalized with blanket statements or tarred with the actions of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    Wow, that video is sick. Yeah, the guy was being a pain in the ass...

But where was the threat to life that they had to kill this guy?

Furthermore, 47 shots fired and 11 connected at under 20 feet? 23 percent?
    Really. When all it would have taken is one. This is a pattern being repeated everywhere. There is collateral damage happening all the time. Them Glocks aren't the most accurate in the hands of geeked up police.

They know this. Now your seeing the official reports of the number of shots fired not being reported as, the perp fired so many and the police fired so many, now it's the perp and police fired 30 times.

The Saginaw video, Milton Hall didn't have a gun and was 20 feet away from the firing squad.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; November-27-14 at 07:28 AM.

Excellent comments ABD. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Anyone taking sides in this should consider that nobody is the good guy. Strong armed robbery of a convince store and little to no effert to make yourself scarce? Cop who rolls up and and starts running his mouth without even exiting the car? Seriously now your going to tell us about how you followed your training? Dumb and a lazy power trip connect with tragic results. Bad situation, if the cop was to stupid/scared to flick on the lights and stand the fuck up and exit the vehicle he should have left and waited for his back up. Just bad police work, when bad police work come across the dumb or enraged bad things happen.

Got your one point. Yet, destroying and looting your own community aids in sleep on some other level I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Except the cop himself never even claimed to be attempting to arrest him for the "robbery." But if making shit up helps you sleep at night, by all means keep at it.

You'd be surprised how many others 'wanted' this to happen. It serves many agendas... the usual suspects and others. History will prove this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    there's rarely accountability for the violent perpetrators when they wear a uniform. Even less accountability when the "provocateurs" are policymakers. The DA, chief, mayor and governor pretty much wanted this to happen. They got what they wanted. Look for relatively anonymous land speculators to start buying up the burned-down properties in the near future.

I notice all the people who blindly support the police on this thread are the resident Republicans. No surprise. Taking the side of the white cop who can do no wrong. To them black lives don't matter. No surprise.
    I'm not a republican. I'm a person who loves being safe. I don't like thieves that try to take cops guns. I don't like rioting. I don't like burning police cars in my streets.

I think Zimmerman was guilty. He provoked an physical confrontation with a kid, knowing how he would he end it. Trayvon was just a kid walking home. Not a kid that just committed a crime.

The situation with Michael Brown is different. He just got done robbing a store. The police were called. Found him walking down the middle of the street like the thug that he is. He then starting fighting the officer. The officer says he was trying to get his gun. Shots fired, and the scum robber is dead.

People who support the robbing thug are the ones that are ignoring facts. You are the ones that are making a messiah out of the scum on this earth that would take what wasn't his, and threaten you if you don't willingly give it to him. He's the scum that would try to kill police officers with their own guns. Why are we burning down cities for him? Why are we blocking freeways for him? Why are we making HIM the person we go to war for?
    Last edited by Scottathew; November-27-14 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    You'd be surprised how many others 'wanted' this to happen. It serves many agendas... the usual suspects and others. History will prove this out.
    How right you are Z. The naivety has been drummed out of me.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
    Too bad.

Trust but verify...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ting.html?_r=0

Read the testimony yourself. Wilson says the first reason he contacted them was that they wouldn't get out of the middle of the street. He also noticed the stolen cigarellos and knew where they were from before he even tried to get out of the car. The logical conclusion would be that at the very least he was going to be questioned about them, if not arrested for the robbery.

Also, think of Michael Brown's state of mind. He just got done robbing a convenience store. He's now walking down the middle of the street like a thug with his stolen merchandise. A cop drives up to him, he's probably thinking that the cop might be responding to the robbery. So what does Brown do? He tells the cop when the cop asks him to go to the sidewalk? "Fuck what you have to say." Then when the cop tries to get out he starts assaulting him.

Seriously? Why are you defending this scum?

Also, many of you won't hear much about DeAndre Joshua. He was a young man, with a job, that was found shot to death very close to the same spot that Michael Brown was shot.

You'd think, oh no, the people are going to be really upset that another young black man was shot and killed in almost the same spot as Michael Brown.

However, because his death was most likely at the hands of a rioting black person, you'll hear nothing on this forum. You'll hear no defending of DeAndre Joshua in the streets of Ferguson. You'll see no nationwide protests for DeAndre Joshua. No outrage for DeAndre Joshua. Why? Because protesting black people only care when white people kill black people.

The goal isn't to to make black people safer or more prosperous. The goal is to further paint black people as the victims of white people.
    Last edited by Scottathew; November-27-14 at 09:35 AM.

DetroitBoy Guest

I would love to hear from more of the black business owners and other people who saw their livelihoods go up in flames due to the riot incited by the Brown family after the verdict.

There was one wife and husband on CNN last night. You could see them holding back being extremely careful not to say anything which would cause more lawlessness and destruction of the business they worked so hard to build. I am sure they are outraged that a thug and his trashy family could create this kind of turmoil. I know there are plenty of blacks in Ferguson and other cities that feel the same way. They understand that their race doesn't limit them, that people oppress themselves due to their own actions and that with hard work and sacrifice anyone can be successful in this country.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ting.html?_r=0

Read the testimony yourself. Wilson says the first reason he contacted them was that they wouldn't get out of the middle of the street. He also noticed the stolen cigarellos and knew where they were from before he even tried to get out of the car. The logical conclusion would be that at the very least he was going to be questioned about them, if not arrested for the robbery.
    If you don't realized that that was a rehearsed response then there's really no common ground for us on this subject.

If you don't realized that that was a rehearsed response then there's really no common ground for us on this subject.
    Why do you think the cop was lying about his interaction with this man? Brown just robbed a store, that's not in dispute. He was walking down the middle of the street like a thug stolen merchandise in hand, also not in dispute.

Why is it so hard to believe the rest of the story? Based off of what evidence do you suggest Wilson is lying?

Detroitboy:
    "I would love to hear from more of the black business owners and other people who saw their livelihoods go up in flames due to the riot incited by the Brown family after the verdict.

There was one wife and husband on CNN last night. You could see them holding back being extremely careful not to say anything which would cause more lawlessness and destruction of the business they worked so hard to build. I am sure they are outraged that a thug and his trashy family could create this kind of turmoil. I know there are plenty of blacks in Ferguson and other cities that feel the same way. T

They understand that their race doesn't limit them, that people oppress themselves due to their own actions and that with hard work and sacrifice anyone can be successful in this country."

I noticed the same thing on the interview with the black business owners on CNN last night. Very quiet, subdued, careful what they said. I know it was because they didn't want to "inflame" those who are rioting and looting any more than they already are. I'm was amazed at their control...I would be outraged and be bitching up one side and down the other. I wouldn't blame any of them if they never rebuilt...why should they? The very people they served were the ones burning it down. It doesn't make a bit of sense to me why people burn their own neighborhoods...even a dog doesn't shit where it sleeps.
    Last edited by cla1945; November-27-14 at 12:31 PM.

Also, many of you won't hear much about DeAndre Joshua. He was a young man, with a job, that was found shot to death very close to the same spot that Michael Brown was shot.

You'd think, oh no, the people are going to be really upset that another young black man was shot and killed in almost the same spot as Michael Brown.

However, because his death was most likely at the hands of a rioting black person, you'll hear nothing on this forum. You'll hear no defending of DeAndre Joshua in the streets of Ferguson. You'll see no nationwide protests for DeAndre Joshua. No outrage for DeAndre Joshua. Why? Because protesting black people only care when white people kill black people.

The goal isn't to to make black people safer or more prosperous. The goal is to further paint black people as the victims of white people.
    ...because this serves their agedas. Mr. isn't the real issue, nor is Mr. Wilson. The real issue is the pathology of the urban black community. This is very relevant to Detroit. What can and should be done? Is white oppression the problem? If so, what are the remains of this oppression that are so toxic.

I don't believe that urban communities vs. law enforcement that Obama spotlighted is a real issue. I think he did all of us a disservice by fueling that idea. I'd rather have heard him say that he's for legalizing drugs. The war on drugs is probably the single biggest problem for urban America.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    ...because this serves their agedas. Mr. isn't the real issue, nor is Mr. Wilson. The real issue is the pathology of the urban black community. This is very relevant to Detroit. What can and should be done? Is white oppression the problem? If so, what are the remains of this oppression that are so toxic.

I don't believe that urban communities vs. law enforcement that Obama spotlighted is a real issue. I think he did all of us a disservice by fueling that idea. I'd rather have heard him say that he's for legalizing drugs. The war on drugs is probably the single biggest problem for urban America.
    Wow you sounded like Django. But I do agree legalize drugs. Make help for addiction readily available. Detroit police seem like a nice cross section of sexes and races, ages and experiences these days. Detroit just wants healing and progress. Hard to miss we have a white mayor, it isn't color anymore, we want transportation, fair insurance and decent jobs for our youth.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Wow you sounded like Django. But I do agree legalize drugs. Make help for addiction readily available. Detroit police seem like a nice cross section of sexes and races, ages and experiences these days. Detroit just wants healing and progress. Hard to miss we have a white mayor, it isn't color anymore, we want transportation, fair insurance and decent jobs for our youth.
    I was called Republican in this thread. At least I wasn't associated with the Tea Party.

For the record, I am a strong Libertarian. As such, I'm in favor of drug legalization, as it only harms yourself. Once you leave your house high -- like Mr. Brown -- I'm OK with laws against publicly being drunk, high, or stoned as long as they are targeted to respecting others. Similarly, I am OK with panhandling limitations, because it does infringe on the rights of others to be left alone.

Because the Democrats lean towards regulating everyone' behavior, and because I think social wealth is the best cure for poverty, I lean towards the Republicans -- but only because the Democrats are so in bed with special interests. At least the Republican's special interest are constructive instead of envious destructions and control.

Our drug policy has increased the price of drugs, and encouraged youth [[black and white) to see the drug business as better than anything else. At the same time, we pass minimum wage laws that discourage minority employment in favor of increased wages for the kids of rich suburbanites. Combined, we encourage drug activity in our cities as a 'way out' for those at the bottom of the ladder. The money in drugs has done much more to destroy our cities than anything else in the last 50 years. Its well past time to stop this believe that we can win a 'war on drugs'. We can't. But the moralists on the right can't see this. There's where Republicans really hurt cities like Detroit.

Since the subject has come up in this thread about who said what and the veracity of the main players in this drama it would be a public service, I believe, to watch this video and pass it on. The topic's title is obvious but the reasons why are laid out. Among them it's the recounting of stories told and how they are subject to all sorts of mischief.

Watch the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I was called Republican in this thread. At least I wasn't associated with the Tea Party.

For the record, I am a strong Libertarian. As such, I'm in favor of drug legalization, as it only harms yourself. Once you leave your house high -- like Mr. Brown -- I'm OK with laws against publicly being drunk, high, or stoned as long as they are targeted to respecting others. Similarly, I am OK with panhandling limitations, because it does infringe on the rights of others to be left alone.

Because the Democrats lean towards regulating everyone' behavior, and because I think social wealth is the best cure for poverty, I lean towards the Republicans -- but only because the Democrats are so in bed with special interests. At least the Republican's special interest are constructive instead of envious destructions and control.

Our drug policy has increased the price of drugs, and encouraged youth [[black and white) to see the drug business as better than anything else. At the same time, we pass minimum wage laws that discourage minority employment in favor of increased wages for the kids of rich suburbanites. Combined, we encourage drug activity in our cities as a 'way out' for those at the bottom of the ladder. The money in drugs has done much more to destroy our cities than anything else in the last 50 years. Its well past time to stop this believe that we can win a 'war on drugs'. We can't. But the moralists on the right can't see this. There's where Republicans really hurt cities like Detroit.
    You're a clueless Republican. You have a history of posting nonsense, being anti-union, anti-pension, cutting everything, only about profit. You are retired with a pension yet you don't want any one else to get one. You're a bootlicker for the elite. You really think legalizing drugs is going to bring Detroit back. Nope. You cut welfare, education, public services etc.. yet you think thats ok in your distorted mind. You don't care about black kids. All you want is to fuck everyone over and give tax breaks to the elite because somehow it makes you feel good. Don't even try to act like you're some caring person. You're NOT! You're a old greedy Republican that only cares about $$$$

... You're a old greedy Republican that only cares about $$$$
    Why'd you have to out the poor guy? He was doing such a great job of doing that all by himself.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-27-14 at 09:58 PM.

Mr Wesley, It is not my place to apologize for someone I do not know. In this case Cliffi.I certainly do not agree with many forumers opinions and have taken several hits myself questioning veracity etc,

The comments made were completely and totally out of line. I am outraged that the comments to malign your opinions were so outrageous. Agree/disagree those comments made were disgusting. A forum is suppose to support open dialogue and attacks like that are unconscionable.

My husband and I have many interesting dialogues as a result of this forum, We don't always agree either. That's fine too.
    Last edited by sumas; November-27-14 at 10:55 PM.

DetroitBoy Guest

Where's Martha Jean The Queen when you need her?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    Where's Martha Jean The Queen when you need her?
    Duh she is dead! Nice vault at Elmwood. No doubt if you visit she will consul from the grave.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast