Dreaming big has made Chicago the vibrant and cosmopolitan town we proudly call home. It's also what distinguishes it from other, decaying Midwestern cities, guaranteeing a future while other cities now can only look back at their greatest days.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/comment...edit02.article

All other Midwestern cities have NO future? Sure, no other Midwestern city is Chicago, but to say that all other Midwestern cities have no future is simply ignorant.

You can't watch National news and form a good opinion of the Midwest. Will the National news tell a good story about the Midwest [[especially Detroit). Probably not. The news just wants to tell what people will watch/read, which is "Most dangerous city" lists and "$100 homes in Detroit".

Most St. Louisans I've talked to don't like Chicago either. Now I see why. They're tired of being compared to Chicago, and they're tired of Chicago acting elitist because it costs $1100 for a decent apartment and there's parking meters on residential streets.

I realize Chicago is trying to build itself up for the Olympics, but this writer's attitude is simply ignorant. I guess Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis have no future? That's news to me.