I am writing an article for a Wayne State course about why people live in Detroit [[city proper). So, I thought I'd ask all of you folks. Why do you live here? What do you love about it? What do you hate about it? What would you change about it?
Some key information: -Full name, age, neighborhood [[feel free to not email anything you don't feel comfortable sharing via this thread... mattharding313[at]gmail.com -How long you have lived in the city; where did you come from if you aren't originally from the city?
To get the ball rolling, hopefully: I'm Matt Harding, 21, currently of Midtown. I've lived in Detroit my entire life. I grew up in Warrendale, and have been living in the Greater Downtown area since coming to Wayne State at age 18. I love the rural feeling in some of the city's neighborhoods. It's wild, and moderately unique to Detroit. I enjoy getting out of Midtown occasionally -- even though I'm stuck here quite a bit for school and work. And if I could change one thing, it would be the stigma associated with being white in a majority-black city.