Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

anonJD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    But But But......Bham says businesses aren't coming to city.....no one would ever come there.....

How SILLY of them!
    From what I gather, a 30-y.o. unreformed frat boy from a well-off family gets bored with his Birmingham location, wants to feel edgy, hitch his wagon to the new Wings' arena buzz and get his name in the local rags, so he announces he's opening something in Detroit = Detroit is back? Interesting.

It's been in the "planning stages for a year." Call me when it actually opens, after he has to deal with all of the bs that comes with launching something in Detroit. Call me when it's actually bigger than the Birmingham location. Call me when it's still slammed after the opening buzz wears off. Call me if the doors are still open a year later.

Townhouse works in Birmingham because people live there, it's a neighborhood hangout. Very few wealthy and hip 20-somethings live around One Detroit Center. Perhaps he thinks $15 burgers to the lunch crowd and booze to sporting events/concert crowds are enough to make this viable. Who knows.
    Last edited by anonJD; November-05-14 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anonJD View Post
    From what I gather, a 30-y.o. unreformed frat boy from a well-off family gets bored with his Birmingham location, wants to feel edgy, hitch his wagon to the new Wings' arena buzz and get his name in the local rags, so he announces he's opening something in Detroit = Detroit is back? Interesting.
    Unfortunately, DYes commenters, and the region at large, have no idea how cities work. They think that sports venues and burger bars are economic development.