I've always been a car radio button pusher. AM, FM doesn't matter. I fully realize that advertising revenue keeps a stations transmitter humming, but it's all too much. I want to stay loyal to local radio but its oppressive. I'm talking news and sports, here. Don't ad guys know that people are running up and down the dial to flee the ads on any station?

The commercial breaks on a ratings leader like "The Ticket" are usually [[always?) 5 minutes long. If there is a good segment developing it is cut off by Belle Tire or, or, or, thank God, I can't remember any other advertisers!! Take that, media ad sales types!

On the other hand, Matt Shepard on the AM side of local sports talk radio, and a show I listen to daily, can't be making a lot of revenue with as many public service announcements as he airs....can he ? I kind of feel sorry for his show, in that regard, though I button push through those spots as well. But I only have to wait, maybe, 2 minutes before Matt comes back from a break. [[Oh, right, forgot, Matt pushes Buicks' twice an hour, also. Jingle, Jingle.)

Are you a car radio button pusher too ?