Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I'd just like to point this out as an instance disagreeing politely, without saying how anyone with a different take was insane, lying, or a poseur from Lake Orion, and then getting on with the actual topic of the post.
    Hey Mwibert what????
    Did I miss something along the way? What are you talking about??

In the Techtown area, south of Wayne State University, and not that far from Woodward & the Boulevard, there was/is a jazzy coffeehouse called the Java Exchange Cafe at 440 Burroughs in a converted industrial building. At least on Fridays, it is open until midnight.

Thanks Masterblaster

Circa 1890 is this kinda goofy bar with a theme that is based on the 1890's and has really cheap drinks, and seems to be a stable of the Wayne State area.

Hey Mwibert what????
    Did I miss something along the way? What are you talking about??
    I don't think you missed anything; it was just nice to see someone disagree and then go on with their comment, instead of suggesting that anyone with a different point of view had some kind of serious deficiency.

It wasn't a reference to anything in this thread, or any thread in particular, but sometimes it seems to me that disagreements can get a bit out of hand. After all, one man's impolite bus driver is perhaps unnoticeable by someone else. I was just trying to give credit where I thought it was due.

I'll have to check Circa out soon 6nois.

Got it Mwilbert!

Northern Lights is a great place- great food [[which is half price on Thursdays) and $2 bottles of Stroh's or PBR. The have music most nights as well.

Isn't Mr. Mike's around that area too? And there a newer place called Lefty's on Cass near WSU if you're going all the way to Circa.

I liked Circa a lot back in the old days when I hung out in the Corridor/Wayne area, so thank you folks for reminding me to go back there now that I'm back in town. It's been around so long that I think it dates back to a time when there were actual living people nostalgic for the 1890s.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Northern Lights is a great place- great food [[which is half price on Thursdays) and $2 bottles of Stroh's or PBR. The have music most nights as well.

Isn't Mr. Mike's around that area too? And there a newer place called Lefty's on Cass near WSU if you're going all the way to Circa.
    Drjeff give me a bit of information on Northern Lights[[location;hours)
    Thanks!

Northern Lights is definitely the best bar in that area. Z's Villa would be worth a visit too.

NL is on Baltimore west of 2nd. I guess this is kind of off topic since you were originally asking about all night places, but since it's a bar it's open bar hours- 11am-2pm on weekdays. I don't think they serve food on the weekends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2