I'm trying to find any old information [[especially photos or literature-any folks got them, please pot them!) on an old childhood hang-out from the 1980's. It was a giant indoor complex around the Hunter's Square area of Orchard Lake Rd. in Farmington Hills . It had over twenty little restaurants [[none of them fast food chains or chincy spots) tightly packed on all four sides, lots of tables and chairs, and nautical style bunting/flags decor filling up the topside. I'd say it was a food court, but I haven't seen a food court as cool as this place was, since.
I know Marvin Yagoda [[Marvelous Marvin's Marvelous Museum) would be the go to guy on this, and I remember his first incarnations in the center of the place [[when he just put in a few coin-op kiddie rides next to the store that sold Sanrio items). However, I'm interested in other folk's memories of, in, and around that place. I still remember the newspaper and T-shirt store in one corner, the Super Spud, the place that sold Italian Ices next to it, the Orient Express, and Harry's Coney Island more towards the center. The outside area winding in had a fudge shop and a small bookstore [[an earlier version of Border's-remember that ill-fated chain?- was further on down the road).
Please, once again, I know they're a cool band paying a cool homage, but the internet is saturated with enough stuff about them. I'm only requesting info/photos/stories regarding the giant indoor foodcourt facility from the '80s.