Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Detroit city schools back in the day operated on an 8-4 [[no middle school) or either a 6-3-3 or 6-2-4 basis with six years in elementary school [[seven if you count kindergarten), two or three years in "intermediate" [[later junior high) and three or four years in high school. Middle school for grades 6-8 came along in the late seventies or early eighties.
    That is not true. I went to Greenfield Park on Brush St. North of six mile at Lousiana and it was k-8. Then went to Nolan for 9 and on to Pershing 10-12.

To the op. I went to school with a David Payne in that neiborhood and that time period.
    Last edited by Wheels; March-18-15 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    "

That is not true. I went to Greenfield Park on Brush St. North of six mile at Lousiana and it was k-8. Then went to Nolan for 9 and on to Pershing 10-12.

To the op. I went to school with a David Payne in that neiborhood and that time period.
    When did you go to Greenfield Park?

Also, I believe this is the neighborhood John DeLorean grew up in.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    When did you go to Greenfield Park?

Also, I believe this is the neighborhood John DeLorean grew up in.
    I wen to Greenfied Park from 1955-1963.
    John DeLorean lived near 6 mile and Dequindre not far from there.

I wen to Greenfied Park from 1955-1963.
    John DeLorean lived near 6 mile and Dequindre not far from there.
    Ahh ok a bit too early. My mother went there from 1964-1968. Lived on the tiny sliver of Goldengate east of the Chrysler.

"

I went to Greenfield Park K through 4.

Preschool at Salt and Pepper Preschool.

Good times! [[kinda)