Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
I spoke and exchanged e-mail messages with Jack Nicas, the Wall Street Journal reporter stationed in Berlin. He asked many questions about Fisher Body #21. Apparently the techno music people in Berlin have elaborate plans for Fisher Body #21. It could include night club venues, studios for recordings and, perhaps, apartments or some kind of living quarters for interested parties. The location has some assets. It is not far from the reviving Cultural Center. It will be within walking distance of the new modern M-1 Rail line. It will be close to the North End which the current mayor wishes to revitalize. And it is within walking distance of New Center. Does anybody know who currently owns Fisher Body #21. The writer asked me several questions about whether Detroit residents would have objections were folks from Berlin come to Detroit to revitalize Fisher Body #21. I had no solid answer but it is a reasonable question. Apparently there is great respect for Detroit techno music in Berlin.
Walking distance of this and walking distance of that. At 2:00 am when the techno bar closes? That's going to be a scary walk.