I am trying to get someone to repair my refrigerator and my Dad's dishwasher, and am running into some problems.

I called an appliance repair company that used to be located here on the eastside that my family has often used over the years [[even after they moved out to Macomb County), but they now tell me that they will no longer take service calls in Detroit. They gave me that number of another Macomb County company, but they also refuse to come here without an outrageous extra charge. Another company that my mother used in the past that used to be in Grosse Pointe has also apparently moved out into the hinterlands somewhere now and won't send service people "all the way over there" anymore.

I've never run into this problem in the past, even in the really bad years, so I'm not sure why this is happening to us now. And it's not like we live in some awful part of the city either. This is for the Indian Village/Gold Coast area.

So, anybody have any fine suggestions for dependable local appliance repair that will work on the eastside?