Talk About An Outrage!!! Just read this in the paper this morning:

"The man who owned the pack of pit bulls that severely mauled another man the night of Oct. 2 on Detroit's east side has received a handful of misdemeanor citations in the case, but is unlikely to be charged criminally, according to a Detroit police spokesman"

I am dumbfounded that this incident would only generate misdemeanor citations. The owner of this pack of vicious dogs should be prosecuted to the fullest. The gentleman didn't die...yet...but he lost hands, feet, had his clothes torn off his body by this pack...and the owner isn't arrested, fined a huge amount of money, and isn't even spending any time in jail. Where are all the human rights advocates now? They are charging the couple in Lapeer with murder [[and rightfully so) because their two dogs killed a man. Why isn't this man being charged with at least a felony for harboring vicious dogs, for attempted murder?

I seems to me that it's now open season on anyone walking the streets. Vicious dogs everywhere in Detroit are allowed to roam free. Children are at risk, everyone is at risk...now the owners know they won't face any consequences if their pet, "who never hurt anyone before", attacks and rips apart some unsuspecting pedestrian. What an outrage!