Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Its probably the view of the Holiday Inn, ATT and McNamara Buildings thats keeping buyers away. Tear those things down for a better view.

A $650,000, 3500sf live work unit in Bham just sold for $210,000 last week. Not much hope for the Book units no matter what they tear down for better views
    Last edited by McIPor; July-30-09 at 08:28 PM.

From what I understand, mortgages are very tough to get for condos these days. Way harder then for freestanding houses. Selling those remaining units is going to be difficult.

A friend of mine bought a condo in Las Vegas, at one of those highrises just off the strip. He paid just over 500000.00 about a year ago which he said was a steal. Since then the devolpers have lowered the price on his style unit by 150000.00. Nobodys falling over themselves to buy them either.

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by McIPor View Post
    Its probably the view of the Holiday Inn, ATT and McNamara Buildings thats keeping buyers away. Tear those things down for a better view.

A $650,000, 3500sf live work unit in Bham just sold for $210,000 last week. Not much hope for the Book units no matter what they tear down for better views
    You have got to be kidding me that you think it's the views that are holding back buyers. I really hope your screenname doesn't indentify you as working for McIntosh Poris. That's be embarrassing, for them.

. [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
    You have got to be kidding me that you think it's the views that are holding back buyers
    That is the reason being given for wanting to demolish the Lafayette Building. Look at the Holiday Inn, ATT, McNamara Fed, and Lafayette Buildings and let me know if you think I'm kidding or not

Incredible the number of real esate EXPERTS on this forum. Your attitude really shows well..as in half empty

what is your source for the information that the hotel is failing miserably?

Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
    You have got to be kidding me that you think it's the views that are holding back buyers. I really hope your screenname doesn't indentify you as working for McIntosh Poris. That's be embarrassing, for them.
    MIRepublic... go to thread "Lafayette Buildings Top Two Floors Subsiding"... read pages 3 and 4 of said thread... and then come back here and you may want to "rephrase" your post....

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    MIRepublic... go to thread "Lafayette Buildings Top Two Floors Subsiding"... read pages 3 and 4 of said thread... and then come back here and you may want to "rephrase" your post....
    No. That the Holiday Inn, ATT and McNamara Buildings are keeping buyers away is just a patently stupid thing to say on its face, period.

Quote Originally Posted by McIPor View Post
    A $650,000, 3500sf live work unit in Bham just sold for $210,000 last week.
    Don't tell them that.... it takes away some of their smug "I told you so"....
    Last edited by Gistok; July-31-09 at 12:01 AM.