Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Eat in the D

Hybrid View

Bucharest Grill yummy shawarmas and more...

Park Avenue and a Corktown locations.
    Last edited by MizMotown; September-19-14 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    Bucharest Grill yummy shawarmas and more...
    I have to be the only person in this entire region/state that doesn't like those Shawarmas at the Bucharest Grill.

To me, it's too salty. And that says a lot, because I typically like salty foods...

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I have to be the only person in this entire region/state that doesn't like those Shawarmas at the Bucharest Grill.

To me, it's too salty. And that says a lot, because I typically like salty foods...
    Agree. They're large, they're cheap but there's better Shawarmas around.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Agree. They're large, they're cheap but there's better Shawarmas around.
    Please, please tell me who has a better schwarma because I've been on a hunt. Living in Dearborn Ht's area I've tried alot and most have been just "meat" wrapped in a lukewarm hard bread. Finding one my way would be great!

Please, please tell me who has a better schwarma because I've been on a hunt. Living in Dearborn Ht's area I've tried alot and most have been just "meat" wrapped in a lukewarm hard bread. Finding one my way would be great!
    Golden Bakery on Warren in Dearborn is hard to beat. Be sure to grab a fresh cheese pie to go with it.

I'm trying to keep with the theme of this thread and keep it Detroit only. Pita Café in Oak Park or Birmingham is better, IMHO of course.

Try Supergreenland supermarket, Warren and Miller roads. You can tell the guy what you want on it as he makes it. They have a few booths but primarily it's carry-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Try Supergreenland supermarket, Warren and Miller roads. You can tell the guy what you want on it as he makes it. They have a few booths but primarily it's carry-out.
    Stopped at the Bronco Lounge instead......

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Stopped at the Bronco Lounge instead......
    That's where I learned to count to two.......

I agree. I go to Supergreenland often! The carry-out prices are VERY reasonable - you can purchase fried fish with the head still on from time to time. The grape leaves though small are very inexpensive compared to what you get at a 'specialty' store. I love their mixed rice with ground beef and nuts caserole and baked meats. Then there is the fresh fruit also far, FAR less expensive then say Krogers!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I agree. I go to Supergreenland often! The carry-out prices are VERY reasonable - you can purchase fried fish with the head still on from time to time. The grape leaves though small are very inexpensive compared to what you get at a 'specialty' store. I love their mixed rice with ground beef and nuts caserole and baked meats. Then there is the fresh fruit also far, FAR less expensive then say Krogers!
    You could eat for a week @ Supergreenland for what you'd spend on a box of rice @ Ho' Foods.

Yes, I prefer them with the pickled greens and onions along with the meat with an authentically strong garlic yogurt paste for dipping. Yummy. Can't eat a 'Mr Pitas' when you've had a good Schwarma!

I'll second Scotty's fish and chips in Brightmoor..

Rueben sandwich at Hygrade Deli.

World's best Italian sub at Gonellas, deep in Southwest.

A tasty homemade sausage omelet at Farmers Restaurant in Eastern Market.

Default Gonellas

Quote Originally Posted by Bro Greg View Post
    I'll second Scotty's fish and chips in Brightmoor..

Rueben sandwich at Hygrade Deli.

World's best Italian sub at Gonellas, deep in Southwest.

A tasty homemade sausage omelet at Farmers Restaurant in Eastern Market.
    I loved those subs; six layer or seven layer was about my max