Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Put it on the Detroit side of the shed..

Good for them. Detroiters need real food, not pathetic synthetics.

I hear you on that, but HF is VERY high. You really need to be making a very strong income to shop there full-time. And I find their juice option to limited. I'd prefer to see a Trader Joes, which while not fully organic is a more affordable bridge to off the full process, fructose stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Good for them. Detroiters need real food, not pathetic synthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hear you on that, but HF is VERY high. You really need to be making a very strong income to shop there full-time. And I find their juice option to limited. I'd prefer to see a Trader Joes, which while not fully organic is a more affordable bridge to off the full process, fructose stuff.
    I may be wrong on this, but my experience is that Whole Foods is not really designed for full-time shopping, nor do most of their regular customers buy all of there groceries there. Whole Foods is more of a specialty store where people go to get certain items that are hard to find at regular grocery stores.

You don't have to make a ton of money to shop at Whole Foods, as long as you aren't buying everything there. I think most people are buying things like non-GMO bread, free-range chicken, organic produce items, specialty prepared foods, and things like that at WF, and also going to Meijer/Kroger/Wal-Mart for other basic grocery and household items. It's like buying a nice coat or shoes at an expensive specialty clothing store, and buying socks and underwear at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by erikd View Post
    I may be wrong on this, but my experience is that Whole Foods is not really designed for full-time shopping, nor do most of their regular customers buy all of there groceries there. Whole Foods is more of a specialty store where people go to get certain items that are hard to find at regular grocery stores.

You don't have to make a ton of money to shop at Whole Foods, as long as you aren't buying everything there. I think most people are buying things like non-GMO bread, free-range chicken, organic produce items, specialty prepared foods, and things like that at WF, and also going to Meijer/Kroger/Wal-Mart for other basic grocery and household items. It's like buying a nice coat or shoes at an expensive specialty clothing store, and buying socks and underwear at Target.
    I think there is use for both. If I lived in Midtown, I would likely go there for most of my shopping. Everything except meat, probably, since that is about 5x the cost of normal meat.

I like the way you put that. I'd never go to WF for a bottle of catchup but yes, I do like some of their other items as I can afford them. Some of their lotion and hair care products are now my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by erikd View Post