The Free Press has absolutely no credibility.

The results aren't become compared on a national scale. So while whoever the fuck that lady is claims that this is a Detroit-Metro phenom, there is no reason to believe this isn't happening elsewhere on a greater scale.

They're also vague, leading questions.

It's funny because it runs rather contradictory to the Snyder-Schauer economics rundown they ran just a week ago. The fact of the matter is that job growth is sluggish, unemployment is among the highest in the nation, and wages are far below national averages. Sure, somebody might give you a raise, but you'll still likely be below or on par what they're paying elsewhere.

What I can't figure out anymore is the Free Press's motivation for such slanted articles. Are they trying to get people to stay in Metro Detroit for their own survival, or do they really believe this place is the greatest place since canned beer? Either way, it is a tremendous disservice to every weekend simply try to convince people that Metro Detroit is awesome rather than being a really "free press." It's especially galling when their own writers are essentially contradicting themselves.

Anyway it isn't that hard to find a job if you're articulate, have no criminal record, and have a college degree. Slam lib arts majors all you want and decry college, but I've done quite well for myself. Try not wearing a wifebeater to a job interview and staying out of trouble. It's amazing how far it goes.