Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    The addition of The Platform to the development team certainly adds some legitimacy to the announcement. They seem to begin work on projects very shortly after announcing them.

Too bad it looks to be shorter than the "Central City" office building to the south. Southern views from that location would certainly be awesome if you could get above that Brick wall.
    yeah i agree the platform is pretty much the second biggest real estate developer behind gilbert in the city right now... they definitely add a ton of legitimacy.

i really can't wait to see them break ground. having a barbed wire fenced off lot in such a prominent area is really embarrassing for the city. will be great to see some construction..

has me thinking. the last real eye sore embarassment without concrete plans as of right now is that gaping giant lot kitty corner LCA on woodward. i really can't wait to see what goes on that lot given the huge demand that area has. hope its sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    has me thinking. the last real eye sore embarassment without concrete plans as of right now is that gaping giant lot kitty corner LCA on woodward. i really can't wait to see what goes on that lot given the huge demand that area has. hope its sooner than later
    I’m with ya. It’s one thing that the owner got away without a Federal investigation, it’s another thing he has sat on it for years.

Looks like this project has finally broken ground

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...and-in-midtown

Quote Originally Posted by JTburner View Post
    Looks like this project has finally broken ground

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...and-in-midtown
    6 years for this to break ground! On a prominent site right on QLine in the best part of the city. It looks absolute bare bones low budget design and materials. Amenities list is ho hum. What a missed opportunity.

Original was a bit more polished:
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20160228/NEWS/302289975/the-mondrian-on-track-after-struggles
    Last edited by hybridy; November-19-20 at 06:31 PM.

This project needed financing and couldn't get it. Joining up with the Platform, a proven developer, probably is what got them over the hump. Not mentioned is the parking structure in the back along Stimson that was in one of the earlier designs, is that still a go or not?

BTW, how do you start a new thread? It used to be visible at the top of most threads but I'm not seeing it. Can someone help me out? Thx.

It's laughable how long it took for this to finally get started. As long as there's no visible parking I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    BTW, how do you start a new thread? It used to be visible at the top of most threads but I'm not seeing it. Can someone help me out? Thx.
    If you're in an existing thread you see "reply to thread" at the top of the page. Click on Discuss Detroit and it switches to "start a new thread"

A ridiculously drawn out timeline even for Detroit. I’d assumed it would never happen. Prime location that certainly needs development and having additional residents there will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    If you're in an existing thread you see "reply to thread" at the top of the page. Click on Discuss Detroit and it switches to "start a new thread"
    Thx, 401don.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3