Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm glad this is still happening. I hadn't heard anything about it in a long time.

It's happening just after the Cheesecake Factory opens in Brush Park.

Renters don't "pre-lease" apartments a year in advance. Buyers may buy into a condo. They should take a cue from the Rivers Edge project in Harbortown if they want to see how professionals do it.

Wannabees...

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    It's happening just after the Cheesecake Factory opens in Brush Park.
    Isn't that what they said about the Broderick, Whitney, Albert, and M-1 Rail?

Default The Mondrian

Looks like construction is expected to begin in July, according to this article in Crain's:

The Mondrian on track after struggles

After false starts, raised hopes and a U-turn on the road to construction, work on a new mixed-use building downtown Detroit is expected to begin in July.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...fter-struggles

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post

After false starts, raised hopes and a U-turn on the road to construction, work on a new mixed-use building downtown Detroit is expected to begin in July.

WOW, >$2/sqft. That's downtown rates.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    WOW, >$2/sqft. That's downtown rates.
    That seemed really high to me also.

New construction, yes. M-1 stop nearby. Neighborhood still a work in progress.

Looking a few blocks to the south is what Charlotte, etc. [[think that area will improve once work begins on the Illich School of Business. A few of those blocks from Temple and this block might come back).

This project might be more important to Woodward from the arena to MLKjr than we are indicating if that stretch is going to revitalize.

Maybe I can have my CVS at Charlotte/Woodward. [[that was another thread).
    Last edited by emu steve; February-29-16 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    That seemed really high to me also.

New construction, yes. M-1 stop nearby. Neighborhood still a work in progress.

Looking a few blocks to the south is what Charlotte, etc. [[think that area will improve once work begins on the Illich School of Business. A few of those blocks from Temple and this block might come back).

This project might be more important to Woodward from the arena to MLKjr than we are indicating if that stretch is going to revitalize.

Maybe I can have my CVS at Charlotte/Woodward. [[that was another thread).
    the top floor 3 bed 2 bath unit at the scott is $2849/Month for 1126 SF...$2.53/SF
    http://www.thescottdetroit.com/detro...rk/floorplans/

the top floor 3 bed 2 bath unit at the scott is $2849/Month for 1126 SF...$2.53/SF
    http://www.thescottdetroit.com/detro...rk/floorplans/
    This is Detroit???? For 18 months rent one can buy one of those rehabbed houses.

Are the prices determined by cost or what the market can 'tolerate'?

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    This is Detroit???? For 18 months rent one can buy one of those rehabbed houses.

Are the prices determined by cost or what the market can 'tolerate'?
    yes and 'resort-style' amenities...

yes and 'resort-style' amenities...
    My guess about this project.

Having spent most of my life working and commuting to D.C. [[1:45 each day [[total), even though living less than 15 miles from work site), I learned the hard way, what a commute can do to one's day.

In this case, someone moving into these residences is paying big time to have a 10 minute commute to downtown.

So if someone works downtown, and time is very valuable to them [[and they can afford to pay premium rent) then it makes sense. Walk one block to the M-1 and leave the car behind.

That would be the biggest amenity I can think more so than being close to sports or entertainment.

For a Tigers' fan who works downtown, leave work, M-1 home, have dinner, M-1 to Comerica [[two M-1 stops).

Priceless!!

If it were me, I'd love it... [[I'm going to two Tigers/Nationals games in May. one hour commute each way. ). I wish I were sitting one block from a subway stop.
    Last edited by emu steve; February-29-16 at 03:08 PM.

Default News on The Mondrian

Apparently it's not dead in the water...

I do not see and construction cranes and Earth movers there, yet. Let us know if it happens. To build projects you need promising investors. And to make sure the po-folks are moving out. You don't nice building to be completed in a area where DEAD [[C) KRAK HEADS once roam.

Just walked by this site yesterday. Sign is still up but someone took a giant bottle of white out to the Mondrain name. Anyone know what's going on here? Is the project dead in the water officially?

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Just walked by this site yesterday. Sign is still up but someone took a giant bottle of white out to the Mondrain name. Anyone know what's going on here? Is the project dead in the water officially?

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...town/95673646/

last we heard it changed name to Woodward @ midtown

very stupid. i doubt this project ever happens. it's obvious the developers are not very serious at this point. they've had signs up and renderings since 2013 back when it was supposed to be an office building. pathetic

Looks like a case of land banking.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    The lending climate and the residential housing market conditions have improved a lot in the four years that this project has languished. Since the project isn't getting done, that likely means that developer equity is the sticking point. Messrs. Jenkins and Jackson can't or don't want to pony up what lenders are demanding so now they're probably just looking to flip the land.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...oodward-avenue

Update on this building. looks like it is finally back on track. The Platform [[ppl who bought the Fisher, building third & grand, cass & york in new center)... have signed on as partners, and as such funding seems to be secured and the project has actually expanded to include more residential units and a parking garage. Also Kuzzo's chicken and waffles has signed a lease to open a second location in the ground floor

"Most recently, the state awarded the project $3.5 million in financing. At the time it was slated to have 104 apartment units with 15,000 square feet of retail space. Jackson said with The Platform's anticipated involvement, the project is now planned to have 134 apartments and a 150-space parking deck."

"
    Construction of the building, which will include ground-floor retail and several stories of residential units along Woodward Avenue, is expected to take 18 months after work begins this fall"

^^ we've heard this before. really hope it's real this time or i've given up on this project. really would do a lot for this block and corner of midtown. one of the last few truly deserted lots along woodward in greater downtown

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...oodward-avenue

Update on this building. looks like it is finally back on track. The Platform [[ppl who bought the Fisher, building third & grand, cass & york in new center)... have signed on as partners, and as such funding seems to be secured and the project has actually expanded to include more residential units and a parking garage. Also Kuzzo's chicken and waffles has signed a lease to open a second location in the ground floor

"Most recently, the state awarded the project $3.5 million in financing. At the time it was slated to have 104 apartment units with 15,000 square feet of retail space. Jackson said with The Platform's anticipated involvement, the project is now planned to have 134 apartments and a 150-space parking deck."

"
    Construction of the building, which will include ground-floor retail and several stories of residential units along Woodward Avenue, is expected to take 18 months after work begins this fall"

^^ we've heard this before. really hope it's real this time or i've given up on this project. really would do a lot for this block and corner of midtown. one of the last few truly deserted lots along woodward in greater downtown
    Looking forward to it and wishing Bartell the best of luck. Will definitely frequent the place once I move down there.

It is a real shame that we even have deserted lots in such a prominent area. Would love to see some action on the former First Unitarian Church site that burned down under suspicious circumstances. Add to that SOMA and Illitch "land banking" lots and we have density resembling a true thoroughfare in and out of a bustling Downtown.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...gin-in-october

"Construction on a long-stalled mixed-use development near Detroit's Midtown neighborhood is now anticipated to begin in October, according to the project's developer and the state."

"One of the developers, Chris Jackson, said The Woodward @ Midtown project has increased in size from 104 to 134 apartments and continues to have 15,000 square feet of retail space planned, including a second Kuzzo's Chicken & Waffles restaurant. A 150-space parking deck is also planned on the site."

from the looks of the rendering looks like it's filling street wall all along woodward and stimson and the parking garage is sort of tucked away behind all that which is nice to see.

really hope that this isn't all smoke and mirrors still and that the project actually comes to fruition. we'll find out come this October

The addition of The Platform to the development team certainly adds some legitimacy to the announcement. They seem to begin work on projects very shortly after announcing them.

Too bad it looks to be shorter than the "Central City" office building to the south. Southern views from that location would certainly be awesome if you could get above that Brick wall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast