Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Detroit Area Flooding - 08/11/2014

WJBK is reporting that the embankment of I-75 in Hazel Park near Nine Mile has collapsed. They had pictures showing exposed underground utilities as well as a service drive that was sagging down toward the freeway.

Name:  I-75 soil collapse.jpg
Views: 10666
Size:  62.2 KB

I think we'll understand the full scope of things tomorrow morning, but I've seen significant flooding reports from many different areas online, especially some of the inner-ring suburbs.

I've got several friends in Huntington Woods that are measuring the water in the basement at 3-4 feet.

My parents in Clawson reported 6-8 inches of water in their basement. My parents also reported that water from higher ground areas was actually coming up out of the sewers into their streets. Also in Clawson, I'm seeing a lot of pictures of folks with water up to their houses.

I have several friends that work in Detroit and live in Troy and Lake Orion. They reported it took five hours to get home.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014081...ing-heavy-rain

Last edited by Scottathew; August-11-14 at 10:10 PM.