Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Reverse the races? Sure. Lets pretend its a 50 yr old black man who blasted a 19 yr old white girl from Grosse Point in the face. You think the general consensus would be that she was responsible for her own death?
    He'd be in jail without bail. And there'd be a ton of discussion here, and even more so in the Free Press and News comment sections, about how could anybody possibly be scared of a drunk 19 year old girl, about how "those people" are so scary and prone to over-reactive violence, and about how, after all, they are all out to "get whitey" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    shooting someone with a shotgun at point blank range seems like you are voluntarily trying to kill em to me. involuntary manslaughter seems accidental but you killed someone nevertheless. Like a car accident where you are clearly at fault
    That is going to be a big problem for him. A happy trigger is a haunting thing. I think the apologists on this thread are using the accidental theory as a last resort because the self defense bit doesn't hold much water. The use of guns is too prevalent. There are also too many people who project their use in time. They visualize a hypothetical situation that potentially leads to lethal consequences.

Enter the Clint Eastwoods and Arnold Shwartzeneggers of silver screen mythology that add powder to the keg.

Hasta la vista, baby! Go ahead; make my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    "have no interest in seeing the dead girl guilty". OK....she's guilty of knocking on his door in the middle of the night. Pics and a police investigation showed a screen door, with no signs of attempted forced entry, only a hole blasted out with a shotgun. She's guilty of wandering around drunk. Of course he didn't know that, so its irrelevant. Unless he talked to her long enough after he opened the door to ascertain the fact that she was drunk. If that's the case, he shot an drunk, unarmed teenage girl.

Point is he said he couldn't find his phone, but he could find his shotgun. He was deathly afraid for his life, but he opened the door.

Reverse the races? Sure. Lets pretend its a 50 yr old black man who blasted a 19 yr old white girl from Grosse Point in the face. You think the general consensus would be that she was responsible for her own death?
    I hope our courts don't act on consensus. Sure, people's opinions in many quarters would be to attack the black guy. That also wouldn't be justice, would it.

Let's leave opinions out of this. Let the courts act on facts... not mob rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Ever shoot any skeet?
    Doesn't matter if I have or I haven't. What exactly are you going to aim? On a typical shogun there is a front bead, there's no rear sight to align that front bead with. On a shotgun designed for rifled slugs it's different.

True, but you still have to have to square the barrel up, and have the bead aimed @ the target. It doesn't work like in the cartoons, where the pioneer woman closes her eyes, shoots the shotgun over her head, and chickens fall out of the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I hope our courts don't act on consensus. Sure, people's opinions in many quarters would be to attack the black guy. That also wouldn't be justice, would it.

Let's leave opinions out of this. Let the courts act on facts... not mob rule.
    And yet Wesley, you were explicit in your view that the white guy should not go to prison. Kinda screwy don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    And yet Wesley, you were explicit in your view that the white guy should not go to prison. Kinda screwy don't you think?
    As the French swordsmen say, "touchy".

As the French swordsmen say, "touchy".
    Merci messire Honky Tonk!

I had to check on Wesley to find out if he had an early onset of Alzheimer's or was it just sloppy thinking.

I will repeat just because so many trigger happy a-holes seem to think that this dumbshit got his chance. If you are standing inside your house with a loaded 12 gauge shotgun in your hands and someone is pounding on your door, house, window or whatever and you are still afraid you are a wuss. If you think you can open the door and unload at whomever is standing on your front porch pounding on the door, you will enjoy prison because it is full of people just like you who don't know what a rational thought is.

True, but you still have to have to square the barrel up, and have the bead aimed @ the target. It doesn't work like in the cartoons, where the pioneer woman closes her eyes, shoots the shotgun over her head, and chickens fall out of the sky.
    I never saw that cartoon but it sounds funny as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I never saw that cartoon but it sounds funny as hell!
    It's actually an old Vaudeville bit. It's a moot point anyway. He was too close. He didn't have to site anything. The whole thing really bums me out. I wish we didn't have to live this way. WTF is wrong with everybody.

Before the 'Dearbonistan' Heights home owner is found guilty of killed McBride, what if McBride was the burglar who killed the homeowner and robbed his possessions:

1. If Renisha McBride was caught, she will be put to trial.

2. During the trail McBride's lawyer argue that during the incident there must have been some defensive conflict between the home owner and her.

3. The Lawyer and the Wayne County Coroner argue that McBride was looking for a home to case, rob and shoot if she was in conflict with the home owner, but she shoot the owner anyway and took his things.

4. What would the jury believe?

Should the she be guilty of robbery and murder or did the home owner prevent the robbery be defending himself before he got killed.

Now for the home owner vs. McBride case. He stood his ground out of fear. He heard a bump in a night, acted in self defense. However due to his poor judgement he shot the poor woman at his doorstep thinking in his mind that most burglars are black males wearing Trayvon Martins casing the suburbs, looking for white middle class home to rob and kill.

I also her from the report from Fox 2 News that after Renisha McBride crash her car in the Detroit neighborhood under DUI, a neighbor came out, saw the crash and McBride. As that neighbor tried to help her by calling the ambulance and police, she run off. [[ Out of fear if she or the neighbor makes a report to the police and medical team she could be charged of DUI.) There three things that black folks are still afraid of, a job, a bust, and a jail!

If I was in the jury my decision is follows the 'Dearbornistani' Heights man will be aquitted of killing Renisha McBride because of these reasons:

1. The home owner acted on self defense. [[ as in stood his ground to protect his property and family)

2. Renisha McBride was getting assistance from a neighbor before she run off to another neighborhood.

3. She went to wrong place at a wrong time. If only she stick with the neighbor who is help her after some accident. She wouldn't get killed.
    Last edited by Danny; August-04-14 at 08:31 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4