Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Ilitch announces Huge plans for Red Wings Arena Project - Renderings Released

As of TODAY, July 20, 2014 everything we thought or posted in the past isn't very relevant and today a completely different vision, dream for downtown and Midtown and much of it is to be built concurrently by 2017. Light clearing of the site in fall 2014; heavy duty work begins in spring 2015.

[[We have a thread with almost 500 posts but are they still relevant? I'd say not. This vision seems to have exceed my wishes by many fold).

http://www.freep.com/article/2014072...SS06/307200110

EDIT: Just read Bill's article in Crains. The articles are complimentary, each has unique information.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...WS03/140719845

I'm starting a new thread, if folks want to utilize it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Moderator Note: As this represents a milestone in this project, continued discussion will proceed in this new thread. Previous discussion begun in June 2013 may be read the now closed-to-posting thread:
    Plans Unveiled For $650M Red Wings Arena, Entertainment District In Detroit

Images above and below from Olympia Development Press Release:

Last edited by emu steve; July-20-14 at 07:11 AM.