Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ha Ha, I'm turning into a soda snob, too. It's got to be made with real sugar and in glass bottles. I sip it like fine wine and don't drink it all the time. Have you tried the Red Bull strong cola. Good stuff, although only in cans for now.

Have to try the Red Bull. Could go for a soda now, But I have to fast for blood work.

For Eastsiders, try Yorkshire Market on Mack west of Cadieux. Bought a single 12 ouncer for $1.49.

Default Soda Pop Store with 500 different sodas

To order soda: http://www.sodapopstop.com/

John Nese is the proprietor of Galcos Soda Pop Stop in LA. His father ran it as a grocery store, and when the time came for John to take charge, he decided to convert it into the ultimate soda-lovers destination. About 500 pops line the shelves, sourced lovingly by John from around the world. John has made it his mission to keep small soda-makers afloat and help them find their consumers. Galcos also acts as a distributor for restaurants and bars along the West Coast, spreading the gospel of soda made with cane sugar [[no high-fructose corn syrup if John can avoid it).
    This guy has a lot of Moxie.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-21-10 at 02:36 PM.

Cool site ^^^. I looked at their ginger ales/beers and found they have Vernors in a glass bottle. I wonder where they are getting that because I have not seen Vernors in glass in the Detroit area in years.

I've seen that store on TV, maybe on Modern Marvals. I have a new goal in life. Get to that store.

I went to Galco's last year on my first trip to LA. The main attraction is certainly the hundreds of kinds of pop and the candy bars [[like the Big Hunk, a California bar that I heard Steve Dahl say he ordered into Chicago to give out for Halloween). They also sell sandwiches, but the store would not win a beauty prize. The staff was really nice and their selection was incredible.

Spirit is canceling its Detroit-LA flight around November 11. They have been having very cheap fares on certain days to fly there.......
    Last edited by rooms222; September-23-09 at 09:07 PM.

I should check into the Spirit deal. Never been to LA. Can't really afford it, But sometimes you gotta say WTF AND DO IT. Thanks

Checked online with Spirit Air , Damn that is cheap to go to LA and back. Doubt if I will make it by then, But who knows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2