Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    SE Michigan is prime for these resources, though it is easier to get in other parts of the state. I am much more interested in alternative energy coming from solar, wind, and nukes. Solar seems to have the least impact of the three, but we also need to factor in batteries for storing here need to be larger and give off some emissions.
    Being that I'm a snowbird 5 months of the year and using only solar for electricity 5 months of the year, I pretty much stay on top of solar requirements. The thing that keeps me from even considering solar here in Michigan is that the solar array must be about two and a half times larger here than in Arizona. Batteries, about the same size for the same power usage.

But then again I use a lot less power in AZ than here also. Boy do I love that solar power in the winter months. Batteries and panels paid for and now the electric is free. Love it.
    Last edited by FlyOnTheWall; July-15-14 at 02:13 PM.