Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I am close now to 98% of my business stays in Detroit. I don't patronize businesses however that are rude. One grocery store that got a lot of my business I did complain to. We drive neighbors without cars, shop for seniors etc. My husband uses a walker and rarely goes in anymore so the Chaldean cashiers would see me frequently with black men. They started to disrespect me [[a great Detroit line) I'd stand there while they yakked to each other in a foreign language and make me wait. Not hard to figure they were gossiping about me. I talked to the owner and said I wouldn't be back. Took me two months but for convenience sake I did return. Turns out they got canned. The cute part of the story is another Chaldean cashier said, Sue where have you been. I had started dying my hair and she noticed and on her own initiative bought me a hair dye and color she thought I should use. She held it all that time. Of course I reimbursed her promptly and even tipped her. That was so sweet of her.
    Last edited by sumas; July-15-14 at 09:29 PM. Reason: addition